• Perry
    • Cork
    • Skacel
    • Lallana
    • Surman
    • Schneiderlin
    • BWP
    • DMG

Two points lost once again by an incompetent Coach/Manager.

Firstly, not to play 4-4-2 at home is tantamount to giving the match away before the ball is struck. When will they realise its not just about what WE do - its about how the other team reacts to what we do?! Once Sturrock realised what his rubbish team were heading for, he changed things around at half-time and lo and behold things got even tougher for us. We had no answer for their tactics - beginning to end really.

Second, why did JP not put Pearce up front towards the end when it was clear our totally inept "strikers" were not doing their jobs? Given his skill at heading home a good goal, I would have thought he would be the perfect target man towards the end game, plus he would have been a useful extra defensive head if they managed to create any chances.

Despite the boys looking like they have the foundations for something excellent, JP is contributing to killing the club off by stubbornly playing the same tactics home and away. No goals at home means no win at home means more fans staying away. Simple equation. Lowe will put the final nail in the coffin by selling the only players of any worth in the Jan window.

Sorry, but tonight typified for me all the reasons this club is on the brink of collapse.

Our problem clearly lies in our home form, as our away record is among the best in the league. We need to make St Mary's an intimidating place to visit and that means more fans need to show up at each home game. Can I take this forum to ask every fan on here to make a serious attempt to take two new people with them to the next home game.

Let's get an additional 10,000 at each home game and really rock the joint. It's in our hands.

Is it home form and pressure, or simply that the passing style we play is ineffective against those playing more defensively away? I thihnk it might actually be as simple as that - Our away form is not half bad because we dont nedd as much guile to break down sides actually giving us more space by coming forward - we have good young talented kids, but not (yet) good enough to break down a more solid defensive style which is what we usually come up against when playing at home. We get fewer clear cut chances and so the misses stand out more.

Sometimes, I think everyone in football over complicates things - especially us fans when we try and analyse this and that - multiplied by paranoia and woo/superstitious mumber jumbo ;-) - I dont think we have a Home problem in the head - simply not enough of a simple over the top plan B for the last 20 mins - being able to bring on a colossus of a CF to hoof it to when confronted by 9-10 behind the ball. (not that I like to see that craop, but needs must and all - the kids simply dont have enough yet to break down these defences.

Our problem clearly lies in our home form, as our away record is among the best in the league. We need to make St Mary's an intimidating place to visit and that means more fans need to show up at each home game. Can I take this forum to ask every fan on here to make a serious attempt to take two new people with them to the next home game.

Let's get an additional 10,000 at each home game and really rock the joint. It's in our hands.

A very good call to arms from somebody in San Francisco, urging fans over here to do something that he can't. It's in the hands of the Chairman, who would previously have terminated the contract of the manager on a record like this, but who will persevere with him because he chose him.

It should have become clear to you from reading this forum that the reason that the fans are staying away is because they are p*ssed off with pretty football but no end result. If they have developed some sort of complex about it, tough. It is up to the manager to instill some belief in them. It isn't that the fans at the stadium got on their backs. Although young, they are supposed to be professionals and are well paid compared to most of those attending to watch them. Time to put those under performing strikers back in the reserves and I'll go and watch them there for free and feel a lot better for it as I would then be getting value for money.

We started well but as Plymouth stepped up their game we faded badly.

In the first half they were prepared to let us stroke the ball around but clamp down on us as we approached the box, so basically there keeper did not have a save to make.

Second half they clamped down further up the field and got theirselves back in the game.

Clubs are sussing we are a one trick pony at home and basically we NEED to have an alternative or the rest of the season at home is going to be poor

Two points lost once again by an incompetent Coach/Manager.

Second, why did JP not put Pearce up front towards the end when it was clear our totally inept "strikers" were not doing their jobs? Given his skill at heading home a good goal, I would have thought he would be the perfect target man towards the end game, plus he would have been a useful extra defensive head if they managed to create any chances.

Despite the boys looking like they have the foundations for something excellent, JP is contributing to killing the club off by stubbornly playing the same tactics home and away. No goals at home means no win at home means more fans staying away. Simple equation. Lowe will put the final nail in the coffin by selling the only players of any worth in the Jan window.

Sorry, but tonight typified for me all the reasons this club is on the brink of collapse.

Absolutely spot on and exactly what I was saying at the time - we should of put Pearce on for the last 10 up front - what was there to lose?

We started well but as Plymouth stepped up their game we faded badly.

In the first half they were prepared to let us stroke the ball around but clamp down on us as we approached the box, so basically there keeper did not have a save to make.

Second half they clamped down further up the field and got theirselves back in the game.

Clubs are sussing we are a one trick pony at home and basically we NEED to have an alternative or the rest of the season at home is going to be poor

In a nutshell.

i was told on here during t he game "we are murdering them"....?

seems this is not so

IT depends on your definition of "murdering them" we sent them to sleep with all our square passing and they only woke up when we tried to go forward, knocked us of the ball and counter attacked.

Last 20 minutes they looked more likely to score than us

Cold and non productive, this will not bring the crowds back

i was told on here during t he game "we are murdering them"....?

seems this is not so

Footballing wise we did but Plymouth were atrocious up front and had probably the worst right back I have seen in ages but as usual we didn't exploit him enough fiddling it about to much down the right.

Robertson and McGoldrick were poor and DMG wasted a golden chance when we had them on the back foot and Lallana belting unmarked into the box but he tried a fancy outside of the foot cross that was so shocking it went for a throw when all he had to do was look up and roll it into Adams path!

DMG also missed a sitter right on half time - had we taken those 2 chances then I could not see Plymouth scoring.

I know Plymouth had their normal forwards missing last night but they were very ordinary.

Clearly the better side in the first half, clearly knackered in the second half.

Let's make it clear though, Plymouth are no mugs, they've got a very good away record (15 points from 10 games) and when they've got Paul Gallagher in the side they look a very decent side.

If we'd taken one of the chances that came our way in the first half, I think the sheer adrenaline would have carried us through for a win, but the longer we went without scoring the greater the frustration and that saps energy from the best of them.

first half we played well. BWP was the outstanding player in that period where he caused their defence a lot of problems. We then stopped passing to him and we lost our way.2nd half we started ok but Sturrock made 2 changes and they bossed the game and should have scored.DMG unfortunate not to score as their defender got back brilliantly to stop hom scoring after he rounded the keeper.

Robertson had no desire or effort and was surprisingly poor.

I know this is not a popular comment but Lallana looks very pretty 15 yards from the box but where it counts he is anonymous. When the ball comes into the box he is nowhere near it, he doesnt compete in the air and like the rest fails to make a shot on goal.I love his skill but he does have to get more strikes on goal and become more effective in the last 1/3rd to become a top player.

BWP Motm for me.

ps a draw was a very fair result cosidering Plymouths 2nd half showing. They are not a fantastic side Ill agree but they did cause quite a few problems second half when their nippy forward was winger/midfielder buzzing about

Footballing wise we did but Plymouth were atrocious up front and had probably the worst right back I have seen in ages but as usual we didn't exploit him enough fiddling it about to much down the right.

Robertson and McGoldrick were poor and DMG wasted a golden chance when we had them on the back foot and Lallana belting unmarked into the box but he tried a fancy outside of the foot cross that was so shocking it went for a throw when all he had to do was look up and roll it into Adams path!

DMG also missed a sitter right on half time - had we taken those 2 chances then I could not see Plymouth scoring.

I know Plymouth had their normal forwards missing last night but they were very ordinary.

What sitter was that then Ron? Surely not the header when he was jumping with their defender.

As for the golden chance I assume you mean the one when he rounded theoir keeper. To me he did it right but their defender deserves credit for getting back and clearing the ball away.

As for the chance in the first half where he did make a **** up it was Robertson who hw was going to pass to

I know this is not a popular comment but Lallana looks very pretty 15 yards from the box but where it counts he is anonymous. When the ball comes into the box he is nowhere near it, he doesnt compete in the air and like the rest fails to make a shot on goal.I love his skill but he does have to get more strikes on goal and become more effective in the last 1/3rd to become a top player.

BWP Motm for me.

ps a draw was a very fair result cosidering Plymouths 2nd half showing. They are not a fantastic side Ill agree but they did cause quite a few problems second half when their nippy forward was winger/midfielder buzzing about

Nick H I totally agree about Lallana he is quality and has great feet but is not hurting the opposition enough. Great player but last night no end product unfortunately.

We were toothless again.

To conclude, I left the ground musing about when exactly we are going to begin serious campaigning against Lowe and Wilde. I concluded that if we are prepared to accept such poor fare in our own ground without protest, then exactly what would be the catalyst for the campaign? I'm thinking that the sale of players like Lallana, Surman and Schneiderlin should do it, but it seems from tonight's attendance that apathy rules and many have just given up coming to home games. I'm beginning to see their point; it hardly set the pulses racing and I just come away feeling empty....again. Another £48 more or less wasted.

Wes you have seen the accounts, surely a campaign against whoever is in charge is pointless. We still play football the proper way and YES I want to win but people still disrespect our opposition as though they are mugs. They were not and their league position tells you so.

We need a big brute of a centre forward to play with DMG and then we would get more scrappy wins but forgwet not there were a lot on here who said we'd be relegated by christmas and being 4 points away from the drop zone is far from disasterous. Obviously if we lose to charlton then it is not good but I for 1 am pleased that the fans who went last night are bright enough to stay with the team and are trying to be patient.

Wes you have seen the accounts, surely a campaign against whoever is in charge is pointless. We still play football the proper way and YES I want to win but people still disrespect our opposition as though they are mugs. They were not and their league position tells you so.

We need a big brute of a centre forward to play with DMG and then we would get more scrappy wins but forgwet not there were a lot on here who said we'd be relegated by christmas and being 4 points away from the drop zone is far from disasterous. Obviously if we lose to charlton then it is not good but I for 1 am pleased that the fans who went last night are bright enough to stay with the team and are trying to be patient.

sort of agree Nick

but to be honest the last couple of home games i have sat and watched and am ashamed to admit but did not care about the result anymore, i really am going out of loyalty to the past but i just cannot see where the club is going

Thought we played quite well in the 1st half

2nd half was disappointing though, we ran out of ideas pretty quick

If we survive, I'm hoping the management will have the brains to sell DMcG!

He's never going to be a player at this level

Thought we played quite well in the 1st half

2nd half was disappointing though, we ran out of ideas pretty quick

If we survive, I'm hoping the management will have the brains to sell DMcG!

He's never going to be a player at this level

You are wrong IMO.DMG will become a very good player.

You are wrong IMO.DMG will become a very good player.

I agree, he has the skill and the composure; at the moment he needs to have more presence and start to influence games. We tend to dismiss players far too quickly - Jones being a case in point...

plymouth local paper's report

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE extended their unbeaten run to four games as they were held to a goalless draw by Southampton in an entertaining clash at St Mary’s.

The Saints dominated the opening 45 minutes but were guilty of squandering several good opportunities with David McGoldrick and Jordan Robertson both off target.

Plymouth rarely threatened and their best chance fell to Jamie Mackie who shot into the side netting with the angle against him.

The visitors looked a completely different side in the second half with substitute Craig Noone going close while McGoldrick had a shot cleared off the line at the other end.

Southampton went into the match full of confidence after becoming the first side this season to beat Reading at the Madjeski Stadium and boss Jan Poortvliet kept faith with the same XI.

boss Paul Sturrock made three changes from the win over Cardiff with Yoann Folly, Steven MacLean and Mackie coming in for Karl Duguid, Paul Gallagher and Emile Mpenza.

The home side started well and had a shout for a penalty with five minutes gone when Bradley Wright-Phillips went down in the box amongst a crowd of bodies, but referee Andy D’Urso waved away the appeals.

Five minutes later McGoldrick was inches away from giving Saints the lead with an excellent snapshot from the edge of the area that was deflected just past the post.

Plymouth slowly began to find their rhythm and Mackie did go close with a shot from a tight angle that flew into the side netting.

However, it was Southampton who were making the better chances and Plymouth goalkeeper Romain Larrieu did well to tip Adam Lallana’s shot round the post and, from the resulting corner, Jordan Robertson headed over.

In first-half stoppage-time Wright-Phillips crossed for McGoldrick who headed wide from close range.

Plymouth looked lacklustre again at the start of the second half and 10 minutes after the break Sturrock had seen enough, bringing Gallagher and Noone on for Mackie and Fallon.

The changes had an almost immediate effect and Gallagher sent a shot wide from 20 yards before Mathias Doumbe crossed for Noone, who could not direct the header on target.

Just as Plymouth began to dominate, Southampton had the best chance of the match when McGoldrick latched onto Lallana’s pass and rounded Larrieu, but his shot was superbly cleared off the line by Chris Barker.

sporting life

Paul Sturrock claimed his Plymouth side were too complacent against Southampton and has demanded more from them in the future.

Sturrock watched in dismay as a struggling Saints side outplayed his play-off chasing team in a 0-0 draw at St Mary's.

Sturrock said: "I think we were too complacent tonight and at least 30% below par in the first half.

"I had to have strong words with my players at the break and at least they came out after half-time and competed, because they certainly weren't doing that in the first half.

"We were second to every ball in the first 45 minutes and it just wasn't good enough.

"I expect better of my players because they have been performing well recently but they let themselves down tonight.

"Overall I think a draw was a fair result but we came into this game expecting to win and maybe the players thought the three points would be easy, but football is rarely like that."

Southampton's top scorer David McGoldrick missed the best chance of the game just after the break.

McGoldrick, who has scored five league goals this term, was sent clean through by a lovely ball from Adam Lallana.

He rounded Plymouth goalkeeper Romain Larrieu before shooting but left-back Chris Barker did well to clear off the line.

Plymouth were toothless until top scorer Paul Gallagher came off the bench 11 minutes into the second half.

The striker, who is on loan from Blackburn, made an immediate impression when he fired just over the bar from 20 yards with his first touch.

Veteran defender Chris Perry went close to breaking the deadlock three minutes before the break when he headed Andrew Surman's corner onto the post.

Southampton boss Jan Poortvliet was disappointed with the way his side tried to walk the ball into the back of the net instead of shooting.

He said: "I think the players were tired after playing two games in four days and the 2-1 victory at Reading took a lot out of them, but that is no excuse for trying to walk the ball into the back of the net.

"They are young but they must learn how to take opportunities when they are presented to them.

"I thought we were the better side and we created a lot of problems for Plymouth but we did not take our opportunities when they came to us."

Why would a campaign to rid the club of the parasites be pointless? They are an incredibly divisive element and they are also the architects of our current position at the foot of the fizzy pop league.

We play football the proper way, but with little end result to show for it. We disrespect opposition like Plymouth as though they are mugs, but of course most realise that the biggest mugs of all are us. We had a big ugly centre forward; his name was Stern John. McGoldrick should be demoted to the reserves to try and regain his scoring touch and improve his confidence. At the moment, he is a complete waste of space.

The fans who went last night, me and my son included and others like 70s Mike, continue to go out of loyalty, but become increasingly frustrated with how poor we have become. Others have just given up coming, in large numbers. Some try to excuse those absentees by blaming the economic situation, calling them plastic fans or whatever excuse they can think of. The reality is that most have decided that it is just not worth the effort of spending such an amount of money and effort to watch the youth team fail to win more than once at home, regardless of how pretty the football is. If they wanted to watch proper total football, they can buy the DVD of the Dutch playing it with Poortvliet in the World Cup final. We make a very poor imitation of it.

I'd rather watch 4-4-2, some ugly but competitive football with an end result of a few home wins from time to time.

What sitter was that then Ron? Surely not the header when he was jumping with their defender.

As for the golden chance I assume you mean the one when he rounded theoir keeper. To me he did it right but their defender deserves credit for getting back and clearing the ball away.

As for the chance in the first half where he did make a **** up it was Robertson who hw was going to pass to

The sitter was that header I was dead level with him and BWP put over a peach of across that cut out the keeper and defender. A forward should be at least able to hit the target from where he was he was coming onto the ball and had the leap to do it.

I know it was robertson he tried to pass to but if he had looked up he had adam tearing in unmarked with all the goal to shoot at about 22 yards out - it was right under where I sit and I couldnt believe he went for that cross rather than roll it back.

The one in the second half he did well to get to as I thought his first touch took it too far. Mind you its easy sat in the stands ;-)

I think everyone would have taken 4 points from the last 6, so a decent few days. Lets hope we can push on with a win at Charlotn, who look pretty awful at the moment.

But their reasoning would have been 1 point against Reading and 3 against Plymouth at home. How can we be so good against the classy opposition and so crap against the poorer teams? Typical Saints, through and through.

Why would a campaign to rid the club of the parasites be pointless? They are an incredibly divisive element and they are also the architects of our current position at the foot of the fizzy pop league.

We play football the proper way, but with little end result to show for it. We disrespect opposition like Plymouth as though they are mugs, but of course most realise that the biggest mugs of all are us. We had a big ugly centre forward; his name was Stern John. McGoldrick should be demoted to the reserves to try and regain his scoring touch and improve his confidence. At the moment, he is a complete waste of space.

The fans who went last night, me and my son included and others like 70s Mike, continue to go out of loyalty, but become increasingly frustrated with how poor we have become. Others have just given up coming, in large numbers. Some try to excuse those absentees by blaming the economic situation, calling them plastic fans or whatever excuse they can think of. The reality is that most have decided that it is just not worth the effort of spending such an amount of money and effort to watch the youth team fail to win more than once at home, regardless of how pretty the football is. If they wanted to watch proper total football, they can buy the DVD of the Dutch playing it with Poortvliet in the World Cup final. We make a very poor imitation of it.

I'd rather watch 4-4-2, some ugly but competitive football with an end result of a few home wins from time to time.

The fans have let the board be divisive to us. I dont know how the Charlton or Watford fans view their own boards but i suspect they are a little less vitriolic, but who knows we are talking footy fans.

SJ is not my idea of an ugly centre forward, I would want one in the image of Iwelumo or the like a brute with a bit of pace and movement.

As for the fans not coming , there are lots of reasons, the board being 1 but the main is that we are not winning or in the PL. Get a glamour tie in the FA cup and then you will see the fans turn up.RL still there wont stop them coming. We have to be realisitic the majority are not coming as they have been spoilt and want to watch the top teams, not us.

The sitter was that header I was dead level with him and BWP put over a peach of across that cut out the keeper and defender. A forward should be at least able to hit the target from where he was he was coming onto the ball and had the leap to do it.

I know it was robertson he tried to pass to but if he had looked up he had adam tearing in unmarked with all the goal to shoot at about 22 yards out - it was right under where I sit and I couldnt believe he went for that cross rather than roll it back.

The one in the second half he did well to get to as I thought his first touch took it too far. Mind you its easy sat in the stands ;-)

Ron I was behind the goal and from where was I thought DMG did well to get his head to it.As for passing it to AL it would have meant stopping to look back where he was and Robrtson was the most likely option.

Still it was a good chance and he did make a mess of it. I still am one of the fools who enjoy watching the team develop and yes some will go but I feel an attachment to those young players who IMO are keen to do well for us .

Because they don't react well to being expected to win. That's why we're poor at home. Expectation, nerves, fear. But they have to get over it soon or it'll be too late.

We desperately need an experienced head in the final third, which is why I'd put Skacel further forward.

Someone like Stern John, perhaps?

Ron I was behind the goal and from where was I thought DMG did well to get his head to it.As for passing it to AL it would have meant stopping to look back where he was and Robrtson was the most likely option.

Still it was a good chance and he did make a mess of it. I still am one of the fools who enjoy watching the team develop and yes some will go but I feel an attachment to those young players who IMO are keen to do well for us .

I have been watching these kids for years in the academy - I was one of those who DD mocks who thought Dyer was going to be as good as Walcott as when they were under 18 they awesome together and its great to see them come through. I still wish we had kept Dexter somehow as he was my favourite of all of them.

Given a choice I would rather watch this years team than last but if only we had a Stern or Rasiak (proven goalscorer) to finish off the good passing we are seeing.

Very disappointing but that's Saints.

In reality Saints do not do well at home because they have no idea how to deal with a packed defence; nine times out of ten a visiting team expect to defend for a point in away matches. It works better for these Saints in away games simply because the home sides attack most of the time and do not sit back and defend until they have a good enough lead or are forced to by circumstances during the match. Saints can then walk the ball into the net during breakaways. Home sides rarely pack defenses at home as that is not what their fans want to see, so there is an expectation of going for a win.

This was all too plainly obvious last night as Argyle strung two blocks of four across the field in high line position and swiftly dropped all eight men into the 18 yard box as soon as a Saints attack developed, thus leaving us to weave pretty patterns IN FRONT of their back eight! Only when we got past their deep line on the wings did we look at all dangerous and then, when it was vital to snap up any half chance, none of them could hit the target or were scared to shoot.

It is my belief that we will not go down now as we have learned to defend a bit but points will be a struggle. We have 20, we'll need 45 (6 wins, 7 draws?) so let's hope we can mug a few more teams away and pick up the odd win and a few draws at home!

I thought it was an attractive game to watch, but a bit soulless - not much atmosphere, but a lot of neat football without an end product to rouse the fans. We did try to be too intricate at times, and there was a reluctance to shoot or play the simple ball, but overall I thought we did play quite well, though clearly we tired towards the end. We kept our discipline, kept probing away trying to get through their two banks of four, but sometimes you just need a break and last night we never had it. None of the loose balls from our numerous attacks and corners ever dropped nicely to one of ours but seemed to spin away to their solitary man upfield to try and catch us on the break. But we dug in, kept persevering and it WILL come right. I've watched enough games down there over the years where, when we come up against big strong unambitious teams, it becomes headless chicken time and we resort to hoofing it up the middle time and again until we loose to a stupid goal, to realise that last night was definitely not all bad. And there were some positives - I thought James did OK, Patterson looked quite useful when he came on and BWP acquitted himself quite well, so I didn't go home too dispirited.

Someone like Stern John, perhaps?

Who didn't score for Bristol City last night. He did however fare better than Rasiak who didn't even get on to the bench, maybe not even the team bus.

Could be injured again for all I know or care.Saga got 20 minutes against Celtic

and Dyer was an unused substitute. There we go for the 'if only we had xxxx

and hadn't loaned him out' round up.

last night was the very reason why i cant be bothered to go any more to sms

and the reason I went. Disappointed with result. First half saw some really good football, good movement and energy.

Team applauded off by the crowd appreciating effort and quality football at half time.

Ran out of ideas in 2nd half, and it became frustrating.

Good to see these young players - particularly if they are going to move on.

Sure if results continue at home, and lack of goals etc it will get more and more frustrating but glad I went.

and the reason I went. Disappointed with result. First half saw some really good football, good movement and energy.

Team applauded off by the crowd appreciating effort and quality football at half time.

Ran out of ideas in 2nd half, and it became frustrating.

Good to see these young players - particularly if they are going to move on.

Sure if results continue at home, and lack of goals etc it will get more and more frustrating but glad I went.

We just have to get that witch in again. Something isn't right at SMS (never has been probably).Perhaps it's to do with making Claus pay for the pitch or something. SMS is cursed, bring back the Witch, we can score, we've proved that,but not at SMS, something has to be done to deal with the hex.

perhaps blindfold the player and drive up to fleet services and back - with the crowd level it could be away!

CCC crowds are getting ridiculously low, I notice Birmingham only had 15000

or so last night.

Anyway It's nothing to do with the players, it's SMS itself that's the problem.

Perhaps we only got a temporary deal from the "dead" last time.We need an Aragorn to sort them out.

I have been watching these kids for years in the academy - I was one of those who DD mocks who thought Dyer was going to be as good as Walcott as when they were under 18 they awesome together and its great to see them come through. I still wish we had kept Dexter somehow as he was my favourite of all of them.

Given a choice I would rather watch this years team than last but if only we had a Stern or Rasiak (proven goalscorer) to finish off the good passing we are seeing.

Ron im with you about Dyer I also rated him and think the injury he had at Leicester last season has taken his spark and a bit of pace

IT depends on your definition of "murdering them" we sent them to sleep with all our square passing and they only woke up when we tried to go forward, knocked us of the ball and counter attacked.

Last 20 minutes they looked more likely to score than us

Cold and non productive, this will not bring the crowds back

I have to disagree a bit I thought some of our passing and movement was brilliant admitedly we lack the finish some of the moves warranted but could have been a couple up at half time.

The way I saw it Plymouth backed off from the last 10 mins 1st half and all second half and defended there 18 yard box to deny us the final ball or shot on goal then hit us on the break and could have scored themselves but all in all I thought we dominated the game played well and should have won we just lack a finisher

We're just built to play away from home on the counter where teams aer obliged to attack, we obviously need to work on grinding out 1-0 wins, we seem to be a fair bit stronger in defence at the moment but we lack the experience to get a goal when the opposition are playing with 10 men behind the ball. It's been a problem of ours for a while when Burley was here, it's just even worse now that we don't have decent players on the bench to try and change the game.

Personally I think we **** about with it at the back for far too long which gives the opposition plenty of time to get 10 men back and defend, this would be the same if we played 4-4-2 or carried on with the current 4-3-3. When Kelvin makes a save or someone makes a tackle pretty much all of the back four get a touch before we even look to get the ball into midfield. Passing for passings sake it seems like, at times yesterday McGoldrick and Robertson where close to eachother upfront and we'd be more than willing to playing between defenders when it just needed to be pumped upfield to Robertson.

Personally for Sheffield Wednesday i'd go 4-4-2 with McGoldrick and Robertson upfront and tell them to just stay within 10 yards of eachother and try to profit from some flick-ons. Even if we lose at least we will have tried something different, if we draw every home game we will get relegated.

If I was manager I'd have the lads out there practising corners all week, we must have had 10-12 last night and they where all ok but we really need to take those sort of chances, a few extra hours on the training field could have been worth 2 points. When we're defending corners we invite pressure onto ourselves by bringin everyone into the box, it meant Plymouth put all but 2 men into the box and gave Kelvin no space to try and claim the cross. We should be leaving Lallana and BWP on the halfway line and then you get 3-4 Plymouth defenders there marking them leaving a lot more space for Kelvin to try and catch the crosses.

We're playing well at the moment but making so many silly mistakes, I don't know if it's a lack of leadership on the pitch, lack of organisation from the manager or just naivety from the players. We need to sort it out quickly though, one win from 10 home games isn't good enough and will see us relegated.

How many more times am I going to read that in a match summary this season ?

Because all the real finishers are rotting in the reserves at "big clubs" and European minnows because they're in the knockout stages of the Champions League.CCC clubs will take anyone with a reputation of being a hotshot striker (like John and Rasiak) the fact that they don't score just proves that they're no better than those 'hotshot strikers' that they had already.

Chelsea and Man U probably have better strikers in their third team than anyone has in the CCC.