What are the nice areas around Southampton, Winchester?

Spudders

Sparsholt, Braishfield, Kings Somborne, Stockbridge all lovely places and all an easy commute through mostly deserted country lanes from Crawley.

I really don't see the point of moving from Bournemouth to cut your commute down if you're going to move to Basingstoke or Fleet FFS.

Yep, all places above such as Sparsholt, Stockbridge etc are fine for Crawley (Arqiva?) and all pretty rural. If you want a few more amenities then Weeke, Harestock, Teg Down or Fulflood (where I am) are all pretty handy and on the right side of Winch for easy access to Stockbridge Rd so you will be going against the traffic.

Another plus for the Braishfield/Kings Somborne/Stockbridge area, lovely part of the world. Family originally from Michelmersh. Easy run in to Crawley, absolutely no traffic and good driving roads so you could even enjoy a decent motor for the commute. Plenty of good pubs/eateries in Stockbridge.

Lived all my early years in Littleton. Now its just po$h. Played for Littleton Juniors on that sloping pitch.

Went to school in Crawley. Now it is just a house. Thats how small it was. Remember walking from a mates farm back to Littleton through the woods. Not sure a 10 year old would do that now?

Beautiful area but too much snobbery nowdays. Good pub in Sparsholt.

Lived all my early years in Littleton. Now its just po$h. Played for Littleton Juniors on that sloping pitch.

Went to school in Crawley. Now it is just a house. Thats how small it was. Remember walking from a mates farm back to Littleton through the woods. Not sure a 10 year old would do that now?

Beautiful area but too much snobbery nowdays. Good pub in Sparsholt.

Played many times on that field, our garden backed onto it.

Knew all the footpaths, shortcuts etc.

Unfortunately you're working in million pound territory.

Best of luck if you manage to get a decent let in the near areas.

Kings Worthy has some less expensive housing as does Harestock, Weeke and Teg Down.

All convenient for Crawley.

You can also cut through Hursley/Pitt Sparsholt from the Badgers Farm and Stanmore area.

That part of Winchester is just very very expensive-my parents and sister used to live there.

I'd love to be able to afford to return to something equivalent, but can't; and believe me South Cambridge isn't cheap, unless you compare it with likes of the nice villages around Winchester.

I can't believe there is any work in Crawley(north of Winch)!!! The place is all horses and tudor. If you're working there, there is no chance of renting, I guess you have found that out by now. My family bought a house in (neigbouring but less salubrious Littleton for 43K in 1983), now it is selling for 1M. But it is true that you could live in Amazingstoke, or Whitchurch or Arlesford and have a very easy drive in (North of Winch).

I can't believe there is any work in Crawley(north of Winch)!!! The place is all horses and tudor. If you're working there, there is no chance of renting, I guess you have found that out by now. My family bought a house in (neigbouring but less salubrious Littleton for 43K in 1983), now it is selling for 1M. But it is true that you could live in Amazingstoke, or Whitchurch or Arlesford and have a very easy drive in (North of Winch).

Believe it or not there is work in Crawley!!!

http://arqiva.com/corporate/careers/

As for 1M houses, everyone knows that all people living within 10 miles of Winchester are millionaires!

But never mind, get one of these jobs and soon you will be too!

Sorted.

PS It's Alresford BTW