Flexi Pipe - 04 VW Polo (9N)

Restark19

Noticed my exhaust blowing the other week, took it to the mechanic and he said I needed a new flexi pipe, apparently this means replacing the Catalytic Converter too. He quoted me about £700 for doing this which sounds like a lot to me. He's always been pretty good for me but this doesn't sound right. I don't know much about cars so if anyone could make the situation clearer to me and give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news?

Just got back from Spain so not had a chance to chase it up, although thinking of buying this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volskwagen-VW-POLO-1-2-Flexi-pipe-connector-with-extensions-DIY-Brand-New-/170997313243?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3APolo%7CCars+Type%3A1.2&hash=item27d03beedb and getting my brother's mate who knows what he's doing to fit it

Edited by Restark19

• 2 weeks later...
Depends on the branch, I've visited loads all over the country and some were brilliant, some downright terrible and some just can't be bothered to help.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Totally. The one in Hove is staffed by a bunch of surly, useless tossers whilst the one in Portslade has been fantastic and have always gone the extra mile to help. They are 1 mile apart.