Seems to be a lot of anti-Lallana people

Saint-Beer

I love Lallana (in the most straight way possible) but certain aspects of his game need to be improved if he is going to be a top player. His shooting has been poor for a couple of years now. He's the last person you'd want a good chance to fall to out of our attacking players. He fluffs everything nowadays. In League 1 he was lethal in and around the box, but has been awful at finishing recently.

Without him though I feel we lack a lot of creativity in the final third. He links midfield with attack so well and holds possession brilliantly. Hopefully this will be his season to shine.

I've a lot of respect for Adam Lallana for all he has done with us so far, and how great would it be if he ends his career with us here whilst still in the Prem after winning an FA Cup or two, perhaps

The problem is, a lot of you clowns on here think if a player is not scoring, getting assists or running non stop for 90 minutes they are not doing well. Maybe at under 8's you would be right.

To say AL is not a premier league player is ridiculous! His movement is top class, one of the few who is willing to take that last man on and isn't even at peak age yet

The position he plays in we need goals and assists, they do matter. I'd also suggest he's not far off his 'peak' age.

The position he plays in we need goals and assists, they do matter. I'd also suggest he's not far off his 'peak' age.

I don't think many Saints fans would disagree, it would be lovely if AL (and the rest of our midfield for that matter) had scored more often last season. However I do hope you realise just how rare it is to find a midfielder who is capable of scoring frequently at this level. The record shows that Morgan and Gaston only scored 2 more than Adam, while Jason Puncheon matched Jay Rod by scoring a very respectable (considering his relative game-time) 6.

So if Adam was no Frank Lampard last season then that doesn't mean he must then be a poor player - far from it.

AL has just turned 25. That means me is about 2 years away from his peak as they generally say 27/28 is the peak. So that gives him 2 more years in the prem (hopefully!) before hitting his peak and thus gaining more experience. I believe his overall play is very good, just the finishing side that needs work. With confidence his decision making will be fine.

I don't think many Saints fans would disagree, it would be lovely if AL (and the rest of our midfield for that matter) had scored more often last season. However I do hope you realise just how rare it is to find a midfielder who is capable of scoring frequently at this level. The record shows that Morgan and Gaston only scored 2 more than Adam, while Jason Puncheon matched Jay Rod by scoring a very respectable (considering his relative game-time) 6.

So if Adam was no Frank Lampard last season then that doesn't mean he must then be a poor player - far from it.

If AL had had the 6 penalties that Lampard had last season he'd (probably) have scored 9 goals . Lampard scored 15 of which 6 were penalties. Just a couple more open play goals than Puncheon really. Lampard is just credited with one assist as well. I think if you want a yardstick as an attacking midfielder you need to be looking at someone like Cazorla.

So would it be fair to summarise that:

- Everyone, bar none, would love to see him have the same influence in the PL as he did in the Champ and L1, but...

- Most people think he could be contributing more, especially on the evidence of the tail end of last season...

- Some people are unsure whether he can do so in the Prem at all, although would gladly be proven wrong, and...

- NO ONE is actually 'anti-Lallana'.