Belgian Grand Prix

doubleonothing

Went last year and got very burnt (went Saturday and Sunday, not Friday when it rained apparently?) wasn't expecting hot weather!

Shame about Grosjean ruining the race but the place itself is fantastic, plenty of viewing spaces on general admission but next time i'd think about treating myself to a grandstand seat, all those hills take a toll.

Went to Silverstone this year and that was meh by comparison (perhaps unfair, what other track could compare?), off to Monza in a few weeks, really looking forward to that.

-----

About the race though, more tyre troubles, i really wish they (Bernie, Pirelli, whoever) would bin the whole pursuit of **** tyres = exciting racing.

Not going this year, work stops play. Gutted.

Red Bull looking good for race pace in practice, Lotus pretty decent too but Raikkonen is pretty crap on Saturday afternoons. Merc off the pace so far but they often are in practice sessions, could just be sand bagging. Oh and McLaren are still dreadful. There is rain forecast for this afternoon though, so it could affect qualy.

Incidentally, Grosjean has raced here twice before and never made it past turn 3 without crashing into a British driver. Lets hope he can change that this year.

Just sitting in a restaurant in Stavelot out here in Belgium, was a decent race, but not a classic. Had a great day on Friday walked round the whole circuit, my first ever f1 race and couldn't quite get over how fast and how loud the cars are,, and also how steep eau rouge is! Quite a stunning place!

Qualifying was awesome yesterday, we all thought that Di Resta had knicked it and then unfortunately the red bulls got in above him. A superb weekend though would highly recommend it, was sat at the final chicane/pit entrance, and it was quite action packed down there.

Terrible race in terms of keeping the championship alive. Praying that Vettel gets some DNFs to make it slightly interesting.

The Championship is over. If anything I think the gap is only going to stretch over the rest of the season. I'm just hoping Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Lotus get their act together for next season. Vettel winning the next 5 World Championships would be quite dull.