The new multiquote is broken

hypochondriac

I've been trying to find a solution to the annoying double-posting bug and discovered that there was a (fairly new) setting within the admin system that allows a time limit to be set to prevent double posts.

However, it turns out that the intention of this wasn't to prevent duplicate posts, but to merge consecutive posts together (apparently some vBulletin customers actually requested this "feature"), so I've since turned it back off again.

The bug with duplicate posts still exists, frustratingly, and as yet vBulletin don't seem to have found a solution to it. It's been suggested that changing the "minimum time between posts" setting can have an effect, so I've tried that to see how we get on.

I've been trying to find a solution to the annoying double-posting bug and discovered that there was a (fairly new) setting within the admin system that allows a time limit to be set to prevent double posts.

However, it turns out that the intention of this wasn't to prevent duplicate posts, but to merge consecutive posts together (apparently some vBulletin customers actually requested this "feature"), so I've since turned it back off again.

The bug with duplicate posts still exists, frustratingly, and as yet vBulletin don't seem to have found a solution to it. It's been suggested that changing the "minimum time between posts" setting can have an effect, so I've tried that to see how we get on.

There was always a time limit between posts, 30 seconds I think it was, bit annoying on the match threads but it worked perfectly well.

I bet you it's because, sometimes, it takes so long to post a post that the impatient feckers are hitting the submit button twice!!

I bet you it's because, sometimes, it takes so long to post a post that the impatient feckers are hitting the submit button twice!!

but the 30 second limit has always stopped you from doing that, now back in the bad old days when posts could take up to a minute or two to appear on busy days, ie meltdown and match days even the 30 second limit didn't stop double posts on occasions.