BT Sport online

Alanh

I know that you need a BT customer user account to get access to BT Sport online, but do you also have to have BT as your ISP to be able to access the channels? Anyone with experience of this?

No, you don't.

I don't have BT broadband, but my dad does. I use his login details and watch at home on my broadband, on 3G on my iPad and iPhone when out, or on any wifi connection. As long as you have a valid login and password, you can use any Internet connection!

No, you don't.

I don't have BT broadband, but my dad does. I use his login details and watch at home on my broadband, on 3G on my iPad and iPhone when out, or on any wifi connection. As long as you have a valid login and password, you can use any Internet connection!

Thanks, that's exactly what I was after.

Yes, I use it in the same way with Dad's account on my tablet.

Word of warning though, if the username they usually go with is an e-mail address (e.g. XXX@BTinternet.com) then only the part before the @ sign will be the username. (XXX in the case of the example.)

Not strictly true. It depends on how the BT Sport username was set up by the btintermet user; I have to use the @btinternet.com suffix when I log in.

Not strictly true. It depends on how the BT Sport username was set up by the btintermet user; I have to use the @btinternet.com suffix when I log in.

Best to try both ways then. Dad has had that email since Dec 2000, maybe its an option when the account is configured.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea if I can take my BT Sport Youview box and use it on a non-BT line (and get BT Sport). Thinking of dropping my box off at my parents so they can watch Saints vs Chelsea whilst I'm at the game.

I'm guessing I couldn't just use my viewing card in their box? (they have Talk Talk Youview box & Talk Talk broadband)