Up grading children's tickets

Sergei Gotsmanov

I did it today - one senior and one U11 to two adult tickets - but I think you can only do it with season tickets

You have to pay the upgrade cost and the ticket tax for buying on the day!

Sometimes the ticket office staff have no idea how to do it though!

But you can only do it at one of the ticket office windows - the ones marked 'customer services'

You have to hand over your season tickets until after the game though

I've had trouble with this as well - its new this season. In the family centre, you've got to have a ratio of at least one child ticket to one or two adults. So if you have two adult season tickets and one under 11, you can't upgrade the under 11 to an adult because then you've got three adults and no kids in the family centre. Kind of makes sense but a bit of a pain. They let you upgrade and move blocks out of the family centre if you want to though as I've done for a game or two.

I have 3 season tickets in Family Centre, 1 x adult, 1 x 16 year old, 1 x 13 year old. I have upgraded the 13 year old twice this season to adult. First time, against Swansea had no issue at all. Second time, against Fulham, the person in the ticket office said it wasn't allowed but after I said I had already done it once this season they went and consulted a senior manager and it was ok after all. Last season i did it a couple of times with no problems. I kind of understand what a previous poster has said about maintaining the adult/child ratio in the family centre. But as long as there is still a child going it shouldn't be a problem - my view is that I have already given the club lots of money and I am trying to give them more rather than see a seat unused.

I spoke to customer services and they confirmed that although not often enforced the child ratio rule is in place. I pointed out that the rule is absurd, notably in evening Kick Offs because I am not going to take my 5 and 7 year olds to a game that finishes at nearly 10.00pm

Thanks for your answers