Ipad fraud woman

Hatch

I'm not getting this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-25589668

A woman who defrauded hundreds of customers in an iPad scam worth £450,000 has been jailed.

I'm OK with that bit

The court heard how on one occasion Cox spent £1.52m on iPads from PC World and then sold them at a loss in a bid to cover her tracks.

Do PC world ask no questions when someone walks in and orders £1.5m worth of Ipad. Thats about 4,000 of them :?

Hundreds of people are believed to have been victims of Cox's scam. Shaun Dodds, prosecuting, said the actual loss to customers was more than £1.1m.

So it's not £450,000

Basically she went and bought 4,000 odd iPads to give to people so that she could get more money off of other people. Ponzi scheme??

However, if that figure is right she would have had to have had over 1520 people give her £100 for an iPad just to cover that batch. So only 1 in 4 people would have got their goods.

Wow

I'm not getting this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-25589668

A woman who defrauded hundreds of customers in an iPad scam worth £450,000 has been jailed.

I'm OK with that bit

The court heard how on one occasion Cox spent £1.52m on iPads from PC World and then sold them at a loss in a bid to cover her tracks.

Do PC world ask no questions when someone walks in and orders £1.5m worth of Ipad. Thats about 4,000 of them :?

Hundreds of people are believed to have been victims of Cox's scam. Shaun Dodds, prosecuting, said the actual loss to customers was more than £1.1m.

So it's not £450,000

It appears that the £450k is only the sum of the 26 charges brought against her. There were plenty of others that were not listed.

Basically she went and bought 4,000 odd iPads to give to people so that she could get more money off of other people. Ponzi scheme??

However, if that figure is right she would have had to have had over 1520 people give her £100 for an iPad just to cover that batch. So only 1 in 4 people would have got their goods.

Wow

The price reduction was only £50 to £100 so they must have given her more than £100 each.