Saints long term deal with adidas to be terminated?

doggface

I don't buy the replica shirts, so I wondered what the manufactured (rather than design) quality was of the own brand shirts compared to the Umbro and now Adidas shirts? I think the last shirt I ever had was the 88-89 Hummel kit and they were great. At that time stitched in badges not ironed on versions were the order of the day.

In my opinion the own brands shirts were rubbish, quality was crap, they looked tacky and the sizing was all over the show. There would be no marketing support, no brand connection and would be a huge fail, I for one will be disappointed if our club goes back to that after coming so far with everything. After not liking the new strip, I received one for Xmas and now like it a lot after wearing it. I live in hope of one day walking into adidas shops or the like and being able to buy and see our tops alongside the like of arsenal etc. COYS.

Quality is down to who the club choose to supply the kits and some of their branded name kits ive seen over the years have been crap but most of the kits nowadays are made in the far east for the cheapest price to sell at silly inflammatory prices so it would make sense for the club to have the extra profit on club gear rather than pay the massive mark up they give to umbro.Nike etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by solentstars

I was under the impression that Palace had produced their own kit this season, however its made by someone called Avec? They just choose not to have their logo on the home and away kits, which given the global nature of the league you would think that they would want some brand awareness!

Have to say I do like this seasons home and away kits, even the keepers kit looks smart! :D

Uh god I'd f_ucking hate it if we went back to making our own kit, absolutely god-awful chinese sweat-shop quality garbage.

Seriously mickey mouse in this day and age, are there any other PL or FL clubs that make their own kit anymore?

Can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

I'd accept anyone, Macron, Adidas, Nike, Umbro ANYONE but making our own kit again.

Couldnt agree more!!!! Anyway NC has gone.

I was under the impression that Palace had produced their own kit this season, however its made by someone called Avec? They just choose not to have their logo on the home and away kits, which given the global nature of the league you would think that they would want some brand awareness!

Have to say I do like this seasons home and away kits, even the keepers kit looks smart! :D

palace have signed a deal from next season with macron I think. I'm not a fan of macron

As an aside to this thread, I am thinking of buying an Adidas 'Stadium Jacket' from the shop. Is anyone able to give an opinion on what they are like? Are they waterproof? Ta

yes it is and warm and the zip can be undone from the bottom which helps you to have a pee without having to undo the zip.