MoPo perspective

scdean

Im anxious as to what will happen and can see both sides of the arguments going on here at the moment. It sucks we dont know anything and that it feels like the players are being kept in the dark also. But i can also see the others' point that nothing's done until its DONE, so calm down and wait and see.

This blog is an interesting read on the situation coming out of the news sites last night. WORTH A READ, NO MATTER WHICH SIDE YOU SIT ON!

http://www.footyplace.com/features/saints-right-to-stay-silent-but-departures-are-inevitable-0527294021

FWIW I hope we dont get torn apart this summer as some doomsdayers are claiming. But I do feel we will have a few changes here and there. Lets just hope we have learnt from the last few tiems we have done well or sold players for decent money.

MoPo is about to drink from the poisoned chalice and I hope he chokes on it. Will be sacked by January I reckon.

Many a Southampton manager has left for Pastures new and found out they were going to a bog.

AS the old joke Two things that should never have left Southampton The Titanic and Laurie McMenemy

Depends what Spurs want:

1) Attractive football - should be able to deliver that

2) Top 4 - not next season and probably not consistently

The radio (Durham and Holland) have been spouting forth and that some/a lot of Spuds would be happy with attractive football even if they lost 4-3. Not sure that's right. Result first otherwise all the pretty football in the world doesn't really count for anything. Can't see Levy being happy finishing 6th again, and if Utd pull up their socks, then they could finish 7th. And what I would love, as would everyone else, is for us to finish above them. I doubt that will happen, but who knows?

One thing I've not heard mentioned is Spurs' Argentine connection. Remember the early 80's when they brought in Ossie Ardiles & Ricardo Villa, Poch would have been about 18-19 at the time, maybe that's one of the many reasons he see's Spurs as a bigger club.

Another thing, he was brought in by Cortese who showed no mercy to Nigel Adkins when someone better came available - should we be that surprised if Cortese's man then shows the same attitude when a bigger club comes calling.

That said, I'll be extremely disappointed if he leaves. The Spurs job is a poisoned chalice and I think Poch is the wrong man for them so I don't expect him to last the season.

Depends what Spurs want:

1) Attractive football - should be able to deliver that

2) Top 4 - not next season and probably not consistently

The radio (Durham and Holland) have been spouting forth and that some/a lot of Spuds would be happy with attractive football even if they lost 4-3. Not sure that's right. Result first otherwise all the pretty football in the world doesn't really count for anything. Can't see Levy being happy finishing 6th again, and if Utd pull up their socks, then they could finish 7th. And what I would love, as would everyone else, is for us to finish above them. I doubt that will happen, but who knows?

I came out of work at 4 and switched on Talksport and from the way they were talking, I honestly thought it had been formally announced that Poch had signed for Spurs. Half the fans are not that keen on him, unless he starts really well, Levy will be back under pressure - Poch won't last a season.

One thing I've not heard mentioned is Spurs' Argentine connection. Remember the early 80's when they brought in Ossie Ardiles & Ricardo Villa, Poch would have been about 18-19 at the time, maybe that's one of the many reasons he see's Spurs as a bigger club.

Another thing, he was brought in by Cortese who showed no mercy to Nigel Adkins when someone better came available - should we be that surprised if Cortese's man then shows the same attitude when a bigger club comes calling.

That said, I'll be extremely disappointed if he leaves. The Spurs job is a poisoned chalice and I think Poch is the wrong man for them so I don't expect him to last the season.

he would have been about err 8 actually.

My take, if he leaves, he has done so because.....

the players aren't good enough for his ambitions

the club isn't big enough for his ambitions

the supporters aren't loud enough for his vanities

the funding isn't big enough for his gratification

...same goes for any players the leave too

But we'll see what happens, eh?

I came out of work at 4 and switched on Talksport and from the way they were talking, I honestly thought it had been formally announced that Poch had signed for Spurs. Half the fans are not that keen on him, unless he starts really well, Levy will be back under pressure - Poch won't last a season.

I had to turn Durham off, which admittedly I do quite frequently (especially when Gough is with him).