Billy Sharp

Firead

Quite! Although given the choice of no contract, shorter contract, or longer contract with your rivals and therefore better family security, what would you do?

Moral dilema. Not sure I could ever bring myself to play for Pompey (I'm probably still not even good enough for them, haha), but if they were offering me a decent contract which would give me some security, I may have to swallow my pride ... ?

Look at it from the modern day footballers perspective - you're a mercenary, what you gonna do?

Quite! Although given the choice of no contract, shorter contract, or longer contract with your rivals and therefore better family security, what would you do?

Moral dilema. Not sure I could ever bring myself to play for Pompey (I'm probably still not even good enough for them, haha), but if they were offering me a decent contract which would give me some security, I may have to swallow my pride ... ?

Could you wait 3-4 years for a compromise payment?

Hmmm ... wonder if Sharp is happy to go along with this?

Being a huge Sheff Utd fan I'd guess Leeds would be joint top of local rivals alongside Sheff Wed. A tough call for him to make.

It wasn't to much of a problem for Lallana, an Everton fan, going to Liverpool.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It wasn't to much of a problem for Lallana, an Everton fan, going to Liverpool.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes, but Billy is actually from Sheffield with roots in Sheffield.

Adam Lallana is about as scouse as Stephen Fry.

Yes, but Billy is actually from Sheffield with roots in Sheffield.

Adam Lallana is about as scouse as Stephen Fry.

And Lallana is the biggest mercenary of the two. I wish Sharp well, I will never welcome Lallana to SMS again.

Only thing is that we need a striker or two.... And Hernandez doesn't look interested and we've not been linked to any others (Ings appears to be off the radar now too).