Current Squad

spyinthesky

If we start the season with fonte and hooiveld as our cb's we might as well not bother turning up

Yoshida is ahead of Hooiveld in the pecking order.

Our back five for much of the successful part of the 2012/13 season was Boruc, Clyne, Shaw, Yoshida, Fonte. Currently we are only one player different from that, plus we now have Wanyama shielding them, when we didn't in 2012/13. Thats not to say we don't need another centre back if we want to finish in mid table again, but our current defence isn't the relegation fodder some make it out to be.

Edited by Matthew Le God

We have lost some cracking players and that disappoints me. However we move on. My view is that once the pre world cup Liv/MU/Ars/TH attention started and the players had been tapped we had passed the point of no return. If MS and JR sort themselves out then fine, but if not, we should take the money as their playing value just won't be there without their commitment and in that case the team would be better without them.

We have lost five, one that was a back up. Three of those have been replaced. How well, only time will tell. Tadic looks a cracking player, Bertrand a decent player, Pelle settling in but looks more of a presence in the box than Lambert who often dropped off. I think they will do well.

The next priority replace Lovren, ideally 2 CBs, then if the two come in from Inter and we bring in another GK and a goal scorer I think we will be in good shape. I also think we may well see the best of Ramirez now Lallana has gone. Cover for Clyne would be the final piece in the jigsaw for me. If MS and JR go then we would really need to replace with top class and use their fees to do that.

It would surprise me if they go, as £27m is I suspect too much for Spurs and goal scoring JR won't be any cheaper. I can see new improved contracts a la Suarez offered.

I'm pretty sure that the above is the sort of reconstruction that Koeman is involved in. I'm looking forward to the final squad make up. I still think with the right blend brought in we will do alright.