A trivial question from 1993

Claretforever

Hi guys, sorry to bother you with such a trivial and non-current topic, but I have a question for those fans which travelled to watch the Saints in the early 90's. I'm being asked to post on behalf of a friend as I have a log in for this forum. It's only because it's Friday I've agreed to ask, otherwise he'd be told to sod off!

Blackburn 0-0 Southampton in March 1993

Att: 13,000 something. (Night match)

Apparently they had their Darwen End (behind the goal) under development, but had 3 sides operational. Did anyone go? How many, roughly, and anyone know where/what you were allocated?

The reason: the usual kiddy debates about crowds as it is Blackburn's lowest crowd in the Premiership apparently? Rival banter purposes. I'm told his Rovers mate says it's because you took no fans and were allocated 2,000? Tuesday night?

Anyway, don't worry if you can't answer. Let it sink down the forum!

As Turkish said, there must have been around 200 - 300 fans from memory.

Saints fans were sat in the back of the stand to the left of where the away fans now sit .... horrible wooden seats as far as I remember & I think the Radio Solent presenters were broadcasting right behing us.

Did you go, or is that just a guess? In Nuttall Street stand(now Jack Walker)? 2,000 seems a large allocation to give for that game, if it is correct(???), especially as that old stand probably only had 2,000 seats in it (stand at back and paddock at front I'm told?)

I know it's not important to you guys, so thanks for the reply by the way.