yoshida and fonte in defence

Mr X

I'm going to go mental and suggest we play Jos. Had a good pre-season, and think in a one off game he could do a job. Woeful before, but you have to consider the number of times he's ended up playing with Fox, Gazza, Kelvin, no Wanyama etc.

I don't think either Jos or Yoshi are half as bad as people make out. In fact in Yoshi's first season many were talking about him as an absolute bargain, he put in some excellent performances.

A lot of the negativity towards Jos stems from our first 10 games up when he made some terrible errors leading to o.g.s or penalties. Since then he has been much better. As you say, a lot of his poor performances came stood between Fox, Gazza, Fonte (who made just as many mistakes in our first season up) and a midfield lacking either Cork or Wanyama.

For third and forth choice CB, they suit a midfield Premier League team pretty well. We certainly won't get anyone better to come and sit on the bench.

I'm going to go mental and suggest we play Jos. Had a good pre-season, and think in a one off game he could do a job. Woeful before, but you have to consider the number of times he's ended up playing with Fox, Gazza, Kelvin, no Wanyama etc.

I don't think either Jos or Yoshi are half as bad as people make out. In fact in Yoshi's first season many were talking about him as an absolute bargain, he put in some excellent performances.

A lot of the negativity towards Jos stems from our first 10 games up when he made some terrible errors leading to o.g.s or penalties. Since then he has been much better. As you say, a lot of his poor performances came stood between Fox, Gazza, Fonte (who made just as many mistakes in our first season up) and a midfield lacking either Cork or Wanyama.

For third and forth choice CB, they suit a midfield Premier League team pretty well. We certainly won't get anyone better to come and sit on the bench.

Agree.

Agree.

You may well prove correct. We're going to find out over the next few weeks until Gardos is fit.

You may well prove correct. We're going to find out over the next few weeks until Gardos is fit.

For all the criticism I have made today - especially his first half performance - I still prefer him to Jos. I'd let Jos go now and bring in a Vlaar. I'd keep Yoshida. He's not great, but for 70% of a game he's still better than Jos. sounds like he trains harder too.

For all the criticism I have made today - especially his first half performance - I still prefer him to Jos. I'd let Jos go now and bring in a Vlaar. I'd keep Yoshida. He's not great, but for 70% of a game he's still better than Jos. sounds like he trains harder too.