Celebrity scroungers

pap

Vin Diesel is apparently in Guardians of the Galaxy. He plays Groot, a tree-like character that looks nothing like him, is rendered using CGI and has precisely two distinct lines of dialog to say. One of them is "I am Groot". I won't spoil the other line, except to say it isn't very long and it definitely isn't a "Silent Bob starts talking" moment.

Apparently Vin did his lines in all the other language dubs; they never used local resources for translation, but still, can anyone think of an easier gig which pays more?

Anyone got any better celebrity scroungers?

Vin Diesel is apparently in Guardians of the Galaxy. He plays Groot, a tree-like character that looks nothing like him, is rendered using CGI and has precisely two distinct lines of dialog to say. One of them is "I am Groot". I won't spoil the other line, except to say it isn't very long and it definitely isn't a "Silent Bob starts talking" moment.

Apparently Vin did his lines in all the other language dubs; they never used local resources for translation, but still, can anyone think of an easier gig which pays more?

Anyone got any better celebrity scroungers?

He also went full Alan Partridge over it too...

I had heard over the last year people on the social media page saying ‘what’s up Vin? Why aren’t you going to Marvel? Why aren’t you doing anything with Marvel? It would be a crime of cinematic history for you not to be.’ So I’m thinking this Marvel thing is becoming really, really important to these people. Okay, what can I do? What should I think?

Kerry Katona or the cast of TOWIE - none of them serve any useful purpose. However, the ultimate 'celebrity' scrounger must be 'White D' - a scrounger turned 'celeb'.

I will accept Katona and the like.

Shaky ground on White Dee, I reckon.