Adrian Durham just can't stop crying....

JxgrSaint

If getting trolled by Adrian Durham is a sign we've hit the big time, I'm a bit worried the article has only had 35 comments so far. For Adrian that will be a pretty low ROI compared to when he trolls the big clubs, and might put him off doing it again. Stories about Man U get hundreds and hundreds of comments. If we want to compete against the big boys, we're going to need to make effort to get angry about articles like this.

Think big - we can do this!

The post is off target. If it hits the post and then goes in it's on target, because it went in - that's the same shot and it went in. If it hits the post and doesn't, it remains off target. Hence, Pelle hits post = shot off target, Tadic scoring rebound = on target.

There is absolutely no grey area. Even if it hits the post, then hits a defender and goes in it's off target, as long as it wouldn't have gone in without the defender's involvement.

Exactly this

MLG you are wrong

If getting trolled by Adrian Durham is a sign we've hit the big time, I'm a bit worried the article has only had 35 comments so far. For Adrian that will be a pretty low ROI compared to when he trolls the big clubs, and might put him off doing it again. Stories about Man U get hundreds and hundreds of comments. If we want to compete against the big boys, we're going to need to make effort to get angry about articles like this.

Think big - we can do this!

Ha ha superb though I might not feed him.

Why don't people just ignore it - who even reads the papers anyway?? Who cares what some fat dinlo says? I never have time to read them and I'm not bothered.

His Sunderland comparison illustrates the unaddressed issue: the quality of opposition.

We were allowed to play our most thrilling, free-flowing football in the 8-0 because Sunderland offered no resistance whatsoever. On Sunday, United dominated the ball and forced us to defend. We were not in control in the way we often are and in performances that Durham praised, so we adapted and won.

Perhaps, given the strength of our midfield and perceived weakness of theirs, we could have done better. But we still played a high line and tried to retain possession - it was an away performance to be sure but far from the backs-to-the-wall, deep-defending efforts you see from some clubs when they go to top grounds.

The post is off target. If it hits the post and then goes in it's on target, because it went in - that's the same shot and it went in. If it hits the post and doesn't, it remains off target. Hence, Pelle hits post = shot off target, Tadic scoring rebound = on target.

There is absolutely no grey area. Even if it hits the post, then hits a defender and goes in it's off target, as long as it wouldn't have gone in without the defender's involvement.

Same with a penalty.......not counted as a shot on target

Saints (or any team) being criticised for going to OT and defending well.

To me that says more about the fall of United. They could be in big trouble if they don't get CL/European football next season.

Also, that article is an example of why I don't read the daily mail. I thought (daily mail) warnings were obligatory these days (eg. its only the daily mail but...link...)