Saints ran out of money and could not sign Eriksen

Batman

Its ****ing tedious for everyone else though.

Give Mickey Quinn and Georgie Bingham a call on the Weekend Sports Breakfast tomorrow on talkSPORT and tell them about why we sold Jack Cork instead.

1. Not a problem, just put me on ignore. And when did you get the mandate to speak for everybody else?

2. WTF are you talking about? Why should I?

Well OBVIOUSLY Mick (checks avatar :smug:).

Yep, good call on most of those. MLT was more an attacking mid, imo, and the various wingers you mention weren't really out-and-out strikers.

So, that boils down to about 6 (9 if you include Danny & Rod and add Ron Davies 'back in the day'). Not exactly a production line conveyor belt of striking talent.

I stand by my point... so far...

Ron Davies was bought from Norwich I think, but if you want developing number 9's don't forget Martin Chivers (a local boy too) Kevin Phillips started with us ( as a full back but really developed at Sunderland) more recently you could also add Ings, Best and McGoldrick who all went on to play at a decent level

It does however appear that we have been more successful at producing full backs and midfielders rather than forwards and centre backs or keepers

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Ron Davies was bought from Norwich I think, but if you want developing number 9's don't forget Martin Chivers (a local boy too) Kevin Phillips started with us ( as a full back but really developed at Sunderland) more recently you could also add Ings, Best and McGoldrick who all went on to play at a decent level

no too sure what we did to "develop" ings....or phillips

I'm asking myself the same question... If it is Christian Eriksen it's a load of crap. Ajax bought him for less than 1 million euro's from Odense after Chelsea said they didn't want him. A choice between Ajax and Southampton back in 2008 wasn't difficult for a teenager... But Wotte is known in Holland for talking crap, unbelievable that this idiot got a chance at Southampton after all his terrible mistakes at Feyenoord.

I live in Denmark, and Eriksen made it clear that he is quite clever about his career and was aiming to take it slow, step by step... so he was not at all interested in moving straight from Denmark to England, but quite deliberately chose Ajax, because the Dutch league is not all that physical and Ajax is known as the "Dane" club in Holland, quite successfully picking up lots of young Danish players.... before he said yes to Tottenham, he had also said no to a much better offer from Manchester United, quite simply because he found Totteham to be a perfect match and first step, when finally moving to England.

It's exactly the same with Pione Sisto from FC Midtjylland ... FCM had wrapped up a £5 million deal with West Ham and they also admit that they were ready to sign Vaclav Kadlec as his replacement, but told the media that Sisto turned down the offer (though not naming West Ham), not because of the money, but because he did not feel it was the right step at this point in time ... so he was hoping for Ajax or FC Porto, but FCM did not accept their bid.