Would Joe Allen improve us?

Winnersaint

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/07/wales-heroes-joe-allen-and-hal-robson-kanu-attracting-interest-f/

This says we are interested.

Personally think we are massively lacking strength and mobility in our midfield options and Allen wouldn't help there.

It's possible, but Matt Law doesn't have great ties with either Liverpool or Saints, so I'd be more inclined to believe it if it comes from Chris Bascombe or Jeremy Wilson.

If this is a dedicated thread on a random player just because he's been in a team in the Euro 16 competition maybe we'll soon have threads on all the Iceland squad, one of whom I see is linked with the mighty Norwich.

It's interesting to speculate about signings but shouldn't the focus be on players who would fill a gap in the squad or are an improvement on someone we already have. Not sure I can see a reason for picking this player out for discussion.

If you refer back to my original post it was suggested to me by a Liverpool supporting colleague that he felt Allen would be an improvement for us. I disagreed and posed the question on here to gauge opinion. It wasn't linked to the Euros and came out of a conversation concerning Mane and whether or not Liverpool really knew what to do with him. Guy I was talking to was surprised that Allen hadn't gone the other way as part of that deal. I said that that spoke volumes about us wanting him as a club, and then he expressed surprise that I didn't feel he would improve us.

We already have Davis who is a similar player, but better (imo). Would rather see Reed get more chances than sign someone like Allen. We need to give Reed more games to see what he's capable of.

Exactly. Something a Liverpool fan might not necessarily recognise.

I think he is a decent player quite similar to Steven Davis but five years younger I wouldn't be upset if we signed him at all.

Steven Davis hasn't got to many more years in him.

..but he still looks good, and has been given a contract extension. Surely we are expecting JWP or Clasie to develop into the " new Steven Davis "

meanwhile Joe Allen? ....No .:shakey: I think (or at least hope) that we can do better.