Patronising Press/Media on Saints

Fitzhugh Fella

Yeah do agree with that, if we had played a City side who didn't have a CL semifinal, and if Kane finished his chance before half time at WHL, rather than the 6 pts we got I reckon we would have got 0/1, and no Europa League.

Ifs buts and maybes are a bit pointless in the context of a season. Had we not suffered such terrible refereeing for the vast majority of the season, we would probably be about 9 points better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah do agree with that, if we had played a City side who didn't have a CL semifinal, and if Kane finished his chance before half time at WHL, rather than the 6 pts we got I reckon we would have got 0/1, and no Europa League.

Interesting, I've just looked at the actual results, and in our games following EL group and knockout stage fixtures last season we actually didn't do particularly well - but you can only imagine we'd have done worse with less preparation, and more travel-weariness and fatigue. Teams in italics weren't affected by CL/EL fixtures in the previous week.

On the bright side, if you take out the games against non-European opposition, we've barely got 10 points to lose... though as noted we played Man City when they were preoccupied by a European tie too, the week before the Spurs game.

Man U (H) [lost 3-2]

Chelsea (A) [won 3-1]

Liverpool (A) [drew 1-1]

Sunderland (A) [won 1-0]

Man City (A) [lost 3-1]

Crystal Palace (A) [lost 1-0]

----------------------------

Chelsea (H) [lost 2-1]

-----------------------------

Stoke (A) [won 2-1]

Liverpool (H) [won 3-2]

------------------------------

Newcastle (H) [won 3-1]

Everton (A) [drew 1-1]

-------------------------------

Aston Villa (A) [won 4-2]

Spurs (A) [won 2-1]

-------------------------------

Crystal Palace (H) [won 4-1]

Edited by The9

Ifs buts and maybes are a bit pointless in the context of a season. Had we not suffered such terrible refereeing for the vast majority of the season, we would probably be about 9 points better off.

Got any evidence? I'll take anecdotal - but we won lots of games where refs were rubbish to us anyway.

Got any evidence? I'll take anecdotal - but we won lots of games where refs were rubbish to us anyway.

I saw a league table for crap decisions which resulted in scoring or missing out on goals. Saints were basically one of the worst affected. I only need to think back as far as the Leicester game to find one that was pretty disgraceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a league table for crap decisions which resulted in scoring or missing out on goals. Saints were basically one of the worst affected. I only need to think back as far as the Leicester game to find one that was pretty disgraceful.

Still waiting... plenty of people didn't think that Simpson handball was necessarily deliberate. Also, if the league table was in The Sun, it doesn't count.