Which managers have excelled and which have disappointed their clubs so far?

Singapore Saint

I would say:

Excelled - Conte (Chelsea), Wenger (Arsenal), Klopp (Liverpool), Mazzarri (Watford), Pulis (Baggies), Howe (Bournemouth), Karanka (Boro), Burnley (Dyche)

Disappointed - Pep (City), the Not-so-special-one (Utd), the Ginger-**** (Everton), Leicester (Ranieri), Pardew (Palace), Bilic (West Ham), Moyes (Sunderland)

Neither excelled nor disappointed or where you would expect the club to be - Puel (Saints), Poch (Spurs), Stoke (Hughes), Swansea (Bradley), Hull (Phelan)

If this is for the current season only I dont see how the Boro guy can be listed in Excelled whilst Ranieri is listed in Disappointed. He has got them to the Champions league last 16 you know. Ok the league has been poor, up until Saturday anyway, but its one hell of an achievement.

If this is for the current season only I dont see how the Boro guy can be listed in Excelled whilst Ranieri is listed in Disappointed. He has got them to the Champions league last 16 you know. Ok the league has been poor, up until Saturday anyway, but its one hell of an achievement.

Its a tricky one because as the reigning champions they might have expected to put up a better defence of their title. They kept two out of the their three best players and splashed more cash so while I imagine they weren't expecting to win the league again they were probably aiming to be pushing in around the top six.

It seems like in the PL Leicester's style has generally been find out and their manager doesn't seem to have an answer while in Europe teams are struggling a bit with Leicester's way of playing.