Dougal

9-3

Remember the Dougal Dougal chant when he arrived on Milton Road when I was early teens when first started going on my own. Also Deaf Tony and his Millwall butchers coat. My main recollections of that time were on the coach to home games from Fordingbridge where we went via Andover ffs. There was a a fat guy, name began with P (wannabe skinhead) who would basically torment us younger lads, who ran like a baby when it kicked off on Hill Lane after we lost to Birmingham City in March 74. Now that was wild.

I was caught up at the tail end of this 'skirmish', as a concerned onlooker I should add. Remember a gang of tough looking (mainly) female Brummie skinheads standing at the bottom end of Hill Lane challenging passers by to take them on.

This wasn't the only threat of violence faced in the journey up to Wilton Road

This wasn't the only

I was caught up at the tail end of this 'skirmish', as a concerned onlooker I should add. Remember a gang of tough looking (mainly) female Brummie skinheads standing at the bottom end of Hill Lane challenging passers by to take them on.

This wasn't the only threat of violence faced in the journey up to Wilton Road

This wasn't the only

Tough-looking female brummie skinheads? :lol:

I had missed all this by time I was allowed to go on my own circa. 1986. Although the appeal of standing in the centre near the back of the Milton still registered with us nippers from Marchwood.

I don't recall anybody nasty during my formative years only the celery chap! He was as mad as a box of frogs. He wore a leather jacket, white polo jumper and red and white bar scarf. He would arrive with seconds to spare before kick off to rapturous applause and cheering from the muppets, like the arrival of a king!

After a short delay he would produce his bunch of celery and hold it aloft. The next few minutes were then spent pogo'ing like crazy chanting the celery song with this guy in the thick of it. Losing your footing and ending up halfway down the stand was obligatory.

So no violence just surreal experiences for me in the late '80s.

Tough-looking female brummie skinheads? :lol:

My memory may have played tricks on me as there were probably about half a dozen of 'girls' in a bigger group of Birmingham fans but I noticed them the most as I had never seen females within a group of football hooligans before.

My memory may have played tricks on me as there were probably about half a dozen of 'girls' in a bigger group of Birmingham fans but I noticed them the most as I had never seen females within a group of football hooligans before.

Violent intimidation from female brummie skinheads. Could be many a man's fantasy that.

Not mine