Relegation - What two teams do we take with us

Lee On Solent Saint

On 02/04/2023 at 18:55, IFHP said:

The only thing we have left to play for now is trying not to be the worst Saint steam in top flight history. What was it 32 points in 2005? 

Cant remember what points we got when we went down from the old 1st division in 74?  

Interesting question. Just looked it up, we had 36 points.(Unlucky to go down, as we we the first side to go down with three relegation places)

Pretty remarkable as it was still 2points for a win, although 42 games. (1973/4 , 11 wins, 14 draws). Probably 42 pts over a 38 game season. 

(I've done the stats for you Rasmus, it confirms what we already know, the team you've assembled is shit). 

Bournemouth's revival is impressive, whichever way you look at it. Easily the 2nd/3rd worse squad of the league on paper. O'Neil will be causing them a dilemma but the new ownership card might be a good excuse to start again as I think his first 4 months are more illustrative of his ability than the last 4 weeks. 

I thought Dyche would do better at Everton, them and Leeds are looking incredibly panicky and deflated at the moment. If Leicester win tonight, I think it's going to be a Leeds/Forest face off. 

I'd also put a tenner that we'll be mathematically relegated by Fulham at home.