Wingers / Wide attacking players

Dman

Probably not the best timing for this thread digging out our attacking capabilities after we’ve just scored 3, however, we clearly lack something in the final 3rd. 

Looking at the list of wingers / wide players we have not even making the match day squad… question, why aren’t they? Most, if not all, are better options than AA / Moi off the bench imo. 

Edozie 

Aribo

Orsic 

Djenepo 

Personally, I can’t see why Edozie isn’t getting a look in. He’s raw with average end product, but has shown glimpses. He’s pretty direct and quick, would be a handful coming off the bench. Similar to Theo / Sulemana.

Aribo, again, been very very average (in a pretty shit team), but he is one of our more creative players. Could play out wide or in the 10. Worth a go imo, especially against teams like Brentford, who sit deep. 

Orsic, not shown much, but clearly is better than shown. Is he any worse than moi? Probably not. Probably wouldn’t have him in the squad, to be fair. 

Djenepo - weakest option of the lot imo, but again, would rather him coming on than AA. Again, probably wouldn’t have him in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Probably not the best timing for this thread digging out our attacking capabilities after we’ve just scored 3, however, we clearly lack something in the final 3rd. 

Looking at the list of wingers / wide players we have not even making the match day squad… question, why aren’t they? Most, if not all, are better options than AA / Moi off the bench imo. 

Edozie 

Aribo

Orsic 

Djenepo 

Personally, I can’t see why Edozie isn’t getting a look in. He’s raw with average end product, but has shown glimpses. He’s pretty direct and quick, would be a handful coming off the bench. Similar to Theo / Sulemana.

Aribo, again, been very very average (in a pretty shit team), but he is one of our more creative players. Could play out wide or in the 10. Worth a go imo, especially against teams like Brentford, who sit deep. 

Orsic, not shown much, but clearly is better than shown. Is he any worse than moi? Probably not. Probably wouldn’t have him in the squad, to be fair. 

Djenepo - weakest option of the lot imo, but again, would rather him coming on than AA. Again, probably wouldn’t have him in the squad. 

Why do you think the manager who knows more about the strengths of all the players disagrees with you

Got to be something to do with defensive work rate/tracking/pressing I would reckon. Though considering Mo completely let his man go who then scored at the weekend I wonder if we will see a change. 

Orsic is a very odd one, something going on there, maybe something has happened to him mentally that the club obviously doesn't want to comment on.

RS just seems to trust certain players to do certain jobs, whilst others don't seem to be trusted. 

Edozie was always one for the future IMO, probably has already got far more minutes than anyone expected this season. If we go down I think he could be a key player for us getting back up. 

1 minute ago, John B said:

Why do you think the manager who knows more about the strengths of all the players disagrees with you

It was a question, why aren’t they. What are they doing wrong. 

But you’re point is fundamentally flawed logic. The previous wally seemed to think Lyanco was a decent option to start, because he beats his chest after he makes a rare tackle, rather than footballing ability. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Got to be something to do with defensive work rate/tracking/pressing I would reckon. Though considering Mo completely let his man go who then scored at the weekend I wonder if we will see a change. 

Orsic is a very odd one, something going on there, maybe something has happened to him mentally that the club obviously doesn't want to comment on.

RS just seems to trust certain players to do certain jobs, whilst others don't seem to be trusted. 

Edozie was always one for the future IMO, probably has already got far more minutes than anyone expected this season. If we go down I think he could be a key player for us getting back up. 

I think you’re right, but for me anyway, you want players on your bench who can change the game if you’re losing 1-0 or struggling to break teams down. 

With our 70 minute change of the front 3, which seem to be ‘system subs’ to keep up the high press, rather than any real tactical change, it seems we’re a little one dimensional. 

We’re set up really well to play against teams who want to take the game too us but really struggle against those who sit back and keep the ball in front of them. 

Edozie is the obvious one for me to at least be on the bench. Pace, dribbling skills, able to beat a man. Very little end product so far but surely a better option as someone who might change a game.

Orsic clearly isn’t an option right now (though god knows what’s going on there) and Aribo to me will never have the pace or work rate required for this league. Certainly not out wide. Djenepo is entirely unpredictable and mostly rubbish so probably a better bet than ArmA who is entirely predictable and always rubbish.

The other possibility would be one of KWP, AMN and Perraud with the other 2 at full back if all fit. I just don’t see what Eli has ever brought to the team.

In our position we need wins, which needs goals. Of course you can’t forget about how many you concede but we’re at the point where how many you score is more important because draws aren’t enough. Eli and ArmA bring no goal threat so why are they in the match day squad? It baffles me.