Norwich 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

sfc4prem

Overall I thought we deserved a win. Stephens unlucky to hit the bar, Fraser pen shout, clear red card missed for Stacey.

Total dominance but once again it doesn’t take many shots on target to score against us. Norwich also scored a goal given offside but it looked onside on the replay? 

xG (forum’s fav stat) was 0.81 to our 2.51. We just weren’t clinical enough and that’s frustrating when chasing down the autos and missing chances to close the gap.

18 games unbeaten is incredible, let’s go and beat that record.

Edited by goodymatt

20 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

We have to win away matches if we are serious about automatic promotion. Results like this are unacceptable. 

I'm sure we'd all have liked a few more away wins but we've had 6 plus 6 draws and only 2 defeats giving us 24 points from 14 games. I reckon that's a pretty good return to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, saintant said:

I'm sure we'd all have liked a few more away wins but we've had 6 plus 6 draws and only 2 defeats giving us 24 points from 14 games. I reckon that's a pretty good return to be honest. 

It’s actually 13 away games played (6W 5D 2L), 23 points total.

1.77 points per game. I look at Huddersfield (conceding from a cross), Watford (last min goal under the keeper) and Norwich (dominated the game) as 6 dropped points. 

Not a bad record. We still have the 4 other highest placed teams to play away though.

Edited by goodymatt