Colin Calderwood

spyinthesky

I was relatively optimistic that the appointment of Colin Calderwood as First Team Coach last October would make us more defensively astute bearing in mind he was a decent defender in his day.
The team certainly doesnt look that strong defensively at the moment but, of course, that may well be down to Russball and the fact that RM's style of play has resulted in a shed load of goals being conceded at his previous clubs.

Mentioned this yesterday in another thread, but seems sensible to mention it again:

I've been thinking about Calderwood. You're right, when he originally came in we looked really good defensively. At the time, we also had a set piece coach (Andreas Georgison?) He left in mid-January, I think, and Calderwood took on his responsibilities as well. I just wonder if, defensively, there isn't the focus in training that there was previously as the dedicated coach is now taking on extra responsibilities in...

• Like 1

His hands are probably tied, he has to work within our rigid doctrine, which I’m sure given the choice he’d prefer not to given a defensive coach’s main focus would be minimising goals against. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

His hands are probably tied, he has to work within our rigid doctrine, which I’m sure given the choice he’d prefer not to given a defensive coach’s main focus would be minimising goals against. 

He isnt a defensive coach.