Jade Goody has cancer

Colinjb

Now I know that you are not a naive person, but I'm afraid that the media left behind all remnants of decency many years ago.

I can just visualise the TV executives salivating at the thought of her reaction to the news on live TV.

Well we are just talking about about degree of moral behaviour here, aren't we DSM..? You say the media's moral responsibility was gone years ago, I say it's still disappearing. Either way, I think we probably agree that this sort of thing is wrong.

Would we break the news to the Queen on live TV that she has to pay her proper level of taxes, and view her reaction..? No. Then why do a similar thing to an ordinary citizen. People are people whether they are respected or not. This girl is not fair game just because she is in the public eye.

I think you are being naive Landrew. This is a publicity stunt and she is in on it.

I don't want to argue this, but is there nothing that you don't have a cynical opinion about..? The girl has cervical cancer. Can you not find a tiny shred of sympathy for her..? If it's a publicity stunt, then I'm wrong. But I prefer my view of the world.

If she does, then yes, but I don't believe it. You (and, for that matter, I) may prefer your view of the world but, the fact is, we live in a cynical world and it wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing happened. To me, she seems the type that would do this. I simply don't believe it would be announced in this way if it were true.

I'll get back to you on whether there is anything I don't have a cynical opinion about, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I don't want to argue this, but is there nothing that you don't have a cynical opinion about..? The girl has cervical cancer. Can you not find a tiny shred of sympathy for her..? If it's a publicity stunt, then I'm wrong. But I prefer my view of the world.

A fair point mate. I feel for her and hope that if this is true then she makes a full recovery.

It will not stop me, however, from viewing her as a racist in my opinion.

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy

LOL, can we save this post ready for the inevitable miraculous recovery??

You can just imagine Goody sitting around wondering how to get the public to love her again, then remembering that Kylie had cancer....

LOL, can we save this post ready for the inevitable miraculous recovery??

You can just imagine Goody sitting around wondering how to get the public to love her again, then remembering that Kylie had cancer....

Hopefully it will be a miraculous recovery, eh..? Would you want any other outcome..? ;)

I would be far happier with a different outcome, one where she justs disappears :smt102

Oh I understand the sense of wishing no-talent celebs off the media world. I'd go one step further and get rid of the whole celebrity culture. I couldn't be less interested in them. But of the human, I would hope she sticks around for a long time. Same as I would of any reasonable human being.

Oh I understand the sense of wishing no-talent celebs off the media world. I'd go one step further and get rid of the whole celebrity culture. I couldn't be less interested in them. But of the human, I would hope she sticks around for a long time. Same as I would of any reasonable human being.

Well if morality and humilty are defining characteristics of a human, are these celebrities / fame seekers really human??

I have this sneaking suspicion it will be plastered all over the red tops and will adorn the waiting rooms of Doctors and Dentists for many months to come.

I can easily avoid the tabloids, as they have zero attraction for me, so all I need to do is stay healthy myself. :)