Youngest starting line up ever?

SaintDonkey

With Svensson and Perry rested, and almost certainly Bart in goal, could we see the youngest ever Saints starting line-up tonight?

Potentially we could see:

Bart - 21

James - 20

Cork - 19

Lancashire - 19

Surman - 22

White - 18

Schneiderlin - 18

Gillett - 22

Holmes - 21

Lallana - 20

McGoldrick - 20

Average age just 20 years old! Anyone know what the youngest ever Saints line up was? Or for that matter the youngest starting 11 in the league cup?

Edited by SaintDonkey
typo

With Svensson and Perry rested, and almost certainly Bart in goal, could we see the youngest ever Saints starting line-up tonight?

Potenially we could see:

Bart - 21

James - 20

Cork - 19

Lancashire - 19

Surman - 22

White - 18

Schneiderlin - 18

Gillett - 22

Holmes - 21

Lallana - 20

McGoldrick - 20

Average age just 20 years old! Anyone know what the youngest ever Saints line up was? Or for that matter the youngest starting 11 in the league cup?

Youngest ever Saints line up was in the Under 16's or Under 15's.

If you're going to be like that :p Saints have an under 9's team I think

That's not actually true. Like the Olympics the U9s are allowed three overage players. When Poortvliet says training with the kids he means it and Skacel, Viafara and Dyer have the badge sewn onto their kit to prove it...

Yesterday the squad was on the OS, today it seems to have mysteriously disappeared. Anyway when it was there it seemed to suggest that Thomas and Wotton would be playing which would bump the average age up a bit.

I reckon Surman is getting worried that he maybe considered too old for the team...

Yesterday the squad was on the OS, today it seems to have mysteriously disappeared. Anyway when it was there it seemed to suggest that Thomas and Wotton would be playing which would bump the average age up a bit.

I reckon Surman is getting worried that he maybe considered too old for the team...

Whilst I never saw anything on the os I would of thought Thomas and Wootton would play to add a bit of experience to the side. I expect Birmingham will play a weakened side as well.

As Thomas and Wotton have both started I reckon that the thread is a bit pointless now ??

I'd still be interested in what our youngest first team starting line up was. I reckon we'll set a new record this season.

Hell until someone comes up with a younger line up than tonight's 22.1 I'll call it a record ;)