Exotic meats/weird edible stuff

Clunge

Need some advice, I want to get hold of some exotic meats or some out of the ordinary food like an animal bollock or some bugs, stuff along those lines, does anyone know anywhere that sells stuff like that? I've got myself into a 'come dine with me' situation and gonna make the others eat some weird stuff to make it more entertaining for me.

Talk to your butcher - he will be able to get you most stuff from domestic animals

Some to try (there are a couple here I haven't done)

Bulls testicles

Cockeral crowns

Chickens feet - really not good

Tripe - don't eat this "green"

Crispy pigs ears - they will think they are pork scratchings at first

Pigs tails

Fish head curry

The only thing i will say about the piggy bits is that it is kinda wierd shaving your food

Having travelled extensively in Asia for many years I have been offered all sorts of weird dishes !

Snake, alligator, live crustaceans etc.. but (although I refused it!) the most sensational was a tiger's pr!ck served to an American business leader at a dinner in Shanghai !

For me, I had 2 or 3 main rules : never eat anything black, navy blue or wriggling on the plate, apart from that I had a go at most things and am still here to tell the tale :)

Fugu is always quite an interesting dish, as if cooked wrong it will kill you. The chef has to train for something like 2 years before he is allowed to cook it (in Japan). I think that my business partner's chef didn't do a great job as her mouth went numb for a few hours.

One of the most disgusting foods I’ve ever experienced is a Japanese dish called Natto, which I think is fermented soybeans … oh, and a side dish that an Indian chap served up to me and my mates in his restaurant many years ago after we’d ripped the p1ss out of his cricket team. Whatever that was I dread to think – suffice it to say, it produced an instantaneous gagging reflex in all six of us.