Just a theory

Huffton

+1.

The attitude of some regular posters here is unbelievable.

Calm down and wait to see the incoming transfers. If there are none, as the bedwetters would have us believe, then we can proclaim the window to have been a disaster. Until then, keep your f*cking hair on and judge the management when the season kicks off. Koeman is a proven manager in the Dutch league, was wanted by spurs, and turned them down because he thought he might have a chance of getting the Barca job. He has decamped from Feyenoord to us, together with his brother and backroom staff, does anyone here seriously believe that he doesnt have any sort of plan for the squad, any kind of input into transfers, or any belief in what the club are capable of achieving? ffs, I've seen spurs blogs complaining bitterly that they got pochettino and we got koeman.

As to the les reed hate-a-thon, as others have already pointed out, he's been here since Markus took over. Enough said, imho. And I'm getting sick of hearing the same f*cking mantra trotted out: "we wont sell any players". Which is not what he said. The statement added "unless it is our wish to sell them, and then on our terms." They have got what is generally agrred to have been over-inflated prices for every player sold so far, even the dippers were howling in grief at what they forked out for lallana, and mourinho stated that chelsea (chelsea!!!!) simply could not have afforded to pay luke shaws wages. Think about that for a moment; the king of overpayers, abramovich, couldn't pay shaw what he required.... the mind boggles. How the hell could we have kept him, on 100k a week?

We now have a new manager, in a better position to recruit the players he wants than any Saints manager I can recall. If it all goes tits-up and we end up as relegation fodder, I'll eat every word I've said, but in the meantime give it a f*cking rest until the season starts and the window closes.

Rant over.

^This about sums it up for me. Well said Scotty.

I've been thinking too hard (for once) and come up with this somewhat bizarre conspiracy theory. Enjoy :)

December 2013....

Katharina Liebherr: "Nicola, I've decided I want to sell the club. Are you still in touch with that rich Chinese fella who is looking to buy a club in the Premier League?"

Nicola Cortese: "Yes, I am. In fact, I thought my cover had been blown the other day as someone on the Saints Web Forum mentioned the meeting I had with Jianlin in London recently. How much are you looking to sell for?"

KL: "I want at least £200m"

NC: "Blimey O'Reilly. £200m? Jianlin is only willing to pay £100m"

KL: "Hmmm. Ok, how about this for an idea. We engineer your departure during the January transfer window and leak to the press that the club is in meltdown. Then, at the end of the season we get rid of Mauricio and as many as the high-value players as possible. As soon as I get £100m in player sales I'll put the club up for sale which is your cue to come back and buy the club with Mr Jianlin for £100m. It's a win win."

NC: "Hmmm, but that could mean the club starts the next season a lot weaker with the danger of relegation. That might put Mr Jianlin off altogether."

KL: "Fair point. Ok, how about we steady the ship somewhat by appointing a decent replacement manager and let him spend a portion of the money we make from player sales on decent but cheaper foreign imports. It might mean I don't get the full £200m but it'll still be considerably more than the £100m Jianlin is prepared to offer."

NC: "That could work. I could even get that Ben Smith chap to interview me at the end of the season to reiterate that I wouldn't sell any of the players or let Mauricio leave. That way we'll put the media off the scent of our longer term plan"

KL: "Excellent idea. Yes, the media must get the impression that we've fallen out otherwise this won't work"

NC: "Right you are Ms Liebherr. I'll let Mr. Jianlin know what the plan is. I wonder what the fans will make of it all?"

KL: "I wouldn't worry about that. They'll simply see it as me asset stripping the club but that will all be forgotten when you come back on the scene with Mr Jianlin's billions."

NC: "Leave it with me then Katharina. It's going to be fun watching the fall out on the Saints Web Forum over the next 9 months or so! Ha ha ha ha"

KL: "Ha ha ha ha"

Edited by trousers

I've been thinking too hard (for once) and come up with this somewhat bizarre conspiracy theory. Enjoy :)

December 2013....

Katharina Liebherr: "Nicola, I've decided I want to sell the club. Are you still in touch with that rich Chinese fella who is looking to buy a club in the Premier League?"

Nicola Cortese: "Yes, I am. In fact, I thought my cover had been blown the other day as someone on the Saints Web Forum mentioned the meeting I had with Jianlin in London recently. How much are you looking to sell for?"

KL: "I want at least £200m"

NC: "Blimey O'Reilly. £200m? Jianlin is only willing to pay £100m"

KL: "Hmmm. Ok, how about this for an idea. We engineer your departure during the January transfer window and leak to the press that the club are in meltdown. Then, at the end of the season we get rid of Mauricio and as many as the high-value players as possible. As soon as I get £100m in player sales I'll put the club up for sale which is your cue to come back and buy the club with Mr Jianlin for £100m. It's a win win."

NC: "Hmmm, but that could mean the club starts the next season a lot weaker with the danger of relegation. That might put Mr Jianlin off altogether."

KL: "Fair point. Ok, how about we steady the ship somewhat by appointing a decent replacement manager and let him spend a portion of the money we make from player sales on decent but cheaper foreign imports. It might mean I don't get the full £200m but it'll still be considerably more than the £100m is prepared to offer."

NC: "That could work. I could even get that Ben Smith chap to interview me at the end of the season to reiterate that I wouldn't sell any of the players or let Mauricio leave. That way we'll put the media off the scent of our longer term plan"

KL: "Excellent idea. Yes, the media must get the impression that we've fallen out otherwise this won't work"

NC: "Right you are Ms Liebherr. I'll let Mr. Jianlin know what the plan is. I wonder what the fans will make of it all?"

KL: "I wouldn't worry about that. They'll simply see it as me asset stripping the club but that will all be forgotten when you come back on the scene with Mr Jianlin's billions."

NC: "Leave it with me Katharina. It's going to be fun watching the fall out on the Saints Web Forum over the next 9 months or so. Ha ha ha ha"

KL: "Ha ha ha ha"

stick in a couple of rogue drone filchers and Jack Bauer and you can sell it to HBO for an episode or 2 of 24.

Pretty clear that player exits are now decided on purely financial terms, and not for footballing reasons. Either Kat needs/wants money, or the club has simply decided it's good business. Dunno which really, but either way the team is gonna be less good for it!

I don't agree. IMHO the players want to go because they are having large wads of cash waved at them and our only possible reaction is to ensure that we get top dollar when they do go. My main concern is the delay in bringing in the new players that we clearly need. But I am not panicking.....Yet.

Lets ask a serious question:

How much do the bed wetters think we should have paid to the want-away players in order to persuade them to stay, and then what would they have done to satisfy the remaining players? As far as I can see the present way is the only way and the management are going about it just as you would expect.

Lets ask a serious question:

How much do the bed wetters think we should have paid to the want-away players in order to persuade them to stay, and then what would they have done to satisfy the remaining players? As far as I can see the present way is the only way and the management are going about it just as you would expect.

I get shaw, lovren and lambert

chambers? just say no, you are staying, same with a crocked jrod

what are they going to do?

Okay here's my Sunday night theory...

I blame the new shirts and the stripes for our demise this summer.

Think about it for one moment - last season loads of people moaned because we looked like Liverpool and at times we played like Liverpool. But no, the consensus was we had to have our stripes back.

So Lallana / Lambert / Lovren / poss Rodriquez have gone to Liverpool - who wear an all red shirt that we almost copied last season.

Shaw has gone to Man Utd - also play in a all red shirt

Chambers is off to Arsenal - again the shirt last season was read with a white bit under the arms (extend that over the arms and yes, you've guessed it, you have an Arsenal shirt

No-one has (yet) gone to a team wearing white or blue...

If we'd have kept the red shirt, I reckon they would have stayed. The stripes are to blame! :lol: