Man Utd away - help

Stud mark of doom

I am thinking of bringing my son with me - aged 8.

I haven't been to Old Trafford for years. Is it one of those grounds where the away section stands up for the entire match (in which case I suspect he'll be staring at someone's back the whole time).

Thanks.

Our away support pretty much all stand every game, but I'd say its worth asking a couple of people in the front row to swap places, most should be happy to do so.

It was all standing two seasons ago when I went but he'll be able to stand on his seat and have a view.

My nephew did that at Arsenal and was told to "****** sit down you little ****. I paid to ****** watch the ****** game, not your ****** head."

Nice.

I'd be swapping places and standing myself if someone did that. Totally out of order.

As out of order as blocking the view of someone who maybe can't stand for long periods? I'm not condoning the way they asked, but it seems to me a little thought for other people wouldn't go amiss occasionally.

As out of order as blocking the view of someone who maybe can't stand for long periods? I'm not condoning the way they asked, but it seems to me a little thought for other people wouldn't go amiss occasionally.

Granted, but to berate a 10 year old like that was out of order, why not tap me on the shoulder and tell me to have a word?

It completely ruined the experience and day from then on, others around us agreed, but were met with a similar tirade from this chap.

It is surely a minority case - we did go to Man Utd and he stood on his seat there to see, as many others did!

Edited by markr27

I am thinking of bringing my son with me - aged 8.

I haven't been to Old Trafford for years. Is it one of those grounds where the away section stands up for the entire match (in which case I suspect he'll be staring at someone's back the whole time).

Thanks.

Stand him on his seat and hold onto him when we score the winner. Hope he enjoys it.

Stand him on his seat and hold onto him when we score the winner. Hope he enjoys it.

This. Taken my son to 2 away games (Fulham last season, West Ham this) and made sure I held him everytime we scored. It's easy for them to get knocked off the seat they are stood on while people are celebrating.