If it was you.

saint_bert

There are some honest people about. My son who lives and works in London has lost/left his wallet on the tube and also on the bus in London, on both occasions it has been handed in fully intact and returned to him (and yes he did cancel all the cards etc.. before it was returned).

About 5 years ago my ex lost her phone in Ikon and then again the next week in The Square. Both times handed in. 2 of the last places in Southampton I would expect there to be honest people.

A few weeks later she dropped it in a glass of water and broke it. Irony being her insurence covered theft but not water damage!

Damn. I was about to launch into a lecture on the use of the subjunctive, then I read the first post. I feel quite deflated now.

Good to hear the story though - I reckon the vast majority of people are intrinsically honest, when it comes down to it.

About 5 years ago my ex lost her phone in Ikon and then again the next week in The Square. Both times handed in. 2 of the last places in Southampton I would expect there to be honest people.

A few weeks later she dropped it in a glass of water and broke it. Irony being her insurence covered theft but not water damage!

She sounds very special.

I once had my wallet nicked in Liquid in Windsor. It was found by a toilet attendant down one of the bogs, all the cash had gone, and strangely the johnny I kept in there for relations of the intimate nature had also disappeared, but everything else was still in there, including my London Underground staff pass (which I would have copped a world of shyte for losing).

It smelt of wee, but it was good to get it back, cash is cash, I'd have probably just spunked it away anyway.

There are some honest people about. My son who lives and works in London has lost/left his wallet on the tube and also on the bus in London, on both occasions it has been handed in fully intact and returned to him (and yes he did cancel all the cards etc.. before it was returned).

Good job he keeps his plumbs in a bag or he would have lost those too!!