Jump to content

Patches O Houlihan

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    1731
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Patches O Houlihan

  1. 🤪 September 2007 was the last time Watford beat us at their place
  2. That blue shirt is shit. Lets pile the pressure on the club to never wear it again
  3. This is that soft pre-season coming back to bite us. Stephens is still in bed
  4. No Jander listed in the squad - hope its because he is returning from injury THB starts https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/cmy8e18349n6t
  5. You think persuading Peretz to leave Bayern Munich to come here, and not go to a top league team anywhere else in Europe was "not impressive at all" "Promotion will be impossible if THB, Scienza and Jander bugger off as well as Stewart and Charles" ... and are not replaced properly I'll remind you that Scienza and Jander both arrived in the final days of the transfer window, as did Fellows. Now I grant you having to get a whole load of new players up to speed is likely to blunt our early momentum, no matter how good they are but "Promotion will be Impossible" is the sort of bedwetting phrase I don't expect from any of the authors of Charlie Wayman posts, particularly when 8th play gets a chance at the playoffs this year.
  6. So signing the best goalkeeper in the league and a Canadian international who scored a load of useful goals when unfit, is now fit, knows the system and really wants to be here - despite us having a 4 point deduction and a manager under threat from the FA - that's unimpressive is it? I bet your wife makes Sekou Mara's mum look like Shrek.
  7. It must be tough enough growing up in Ireland without ginger hair, without us reminding him five times a game that we think he grew up somewhere tropical This guy is going to be the bollocks and I'd rather he had a song that matched the talent (although I agree that those two lines together would be fun to sing if he was a ginger)
  8. maybe not...
  9. Ben's career at Saints has been like a BBD: Hard, dark and a pain in the arse...
  10. DAD's Army is surely a front three that also includes Azaz 😉
  11. I guess the good news is that if we lose Jander, THB and Charles that will provide £70m+ with which to rebuild the team. I agree though we had such a good energy in the team a the end of the season it would be a shame to break it up (assuming getting kicked out of the playoffs hasn't already killed it)
  12. I watched enough of that Ipswich podcasting bloke during the playoffs to last me all year - I can't see him being a great motivator for Downs
  13. So to confirm you want to sell Larin who we only signed permanently a matter of weeks ago?!
  14. Massive for this team if we win this
  15. Gordon seems to have the lungs to play at pace
  16. C'mon lads 🤞
  17. The way Tonda plays I'm not sure 2026 JWP would be a great fit for the Downes/Jander/Bragg role. BUT - renown professionalism, leadership ability, superb availability, for years he covered more ground than virtually the entire PL, great passer and free kick taker and he has good awareness and vision, if not always the pace to execute. I could see him playing the Azaz role potentially - dropping deep to collect the ball and then pinging Beckhamesque passes to the front three. He probably still has the engine to be matching the ground that Azaz covers, and when on the few occasions he was played in a more attacking role he did pretty well as far as I remember. JWP as Azaz understudy principally; plus CDAJFU at RB and Midfield if we get an injury situation. Thoughts?
  18. The thing is before the tournament you would have called Cape Verde a joke team, but they came back twice against the world champions in a knock out game, (the CV 2nd was amazing) and the winning goal for Argentina was an OG that bounced off several heads. I've sailed into Cape Verde; they haven't got a pot to piss in. Fair play to them I say.
  19. Out of contract and at a World Cup. Managed 6 minutes as an 89th minute sub in the 0-1 loss to Morocco, playing as a striker for a team whos only goal was a deflection against Haiti, and didn't make it out of the group in a WC where 3 of the 4 teams will. Not really the promotional experience he might have been hoping for... shame it ended like this.
  20. I remember seeing pics of Romeu sat with Cam Bragg at a dinner not long after he re-signed.
  21. When I think of Stewart playing through the World Cup without a contract, is it just me that has this image of "his people"?
×
×
  • Create New...