Seems to me there's a hard core of 3-4 million ukip voters whose only real concern is reducing immigration (let's be honest) who will switch to whatever party will deliver Brexit. First they went ukip to Brexit party, now they've gone Brexit party to Tory.
Odd comment, for me it was past voting record and political activity, the manifesto of hope and a better future for our young people.
As before, the under 50s with above average education didn't vote Tory.
I'm happy with the policies.
Now Brexit is on the Tories, the new leader will be free of antisemitism/terrorism lies and the media will have resort to smearing their Jewish immigrant parents or some other nonsense.
Although it's quite funny that certain people (IDS especially) might lose their seats, unfortunately they will get dished out peerages, directorships or are already minted so they don't really care.
Oh well, back to someone the Establishment, Murdoch and the racists deem acceptable.
Of the current lot, I think Keir Starmer comes across as most mainstream and also he has a face middle England would like.
It's been pretty clear that Johnson would get a majority. And I've been clear for my reasons why I agree with that.
Edit - and you can't accuse me of living in an echo chamber! I've been fighting my corner on here and listening to the media bombardment.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
Isaac Asimov
(Jewish, Left-wing, Sci Fi Author)
According to some on here with no concept of time and how anonymous internet profiles work I've been a teenage student continuously since the mid-nineties.