Jump to content

adrian lord

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    8190
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by adrian lord

  1. Under the cosh a bit
  2. He was looking for a pen
  3. Beauty. Is there goal-line technology in the Champ?
  4. Preston v Blackburn. A draw would probably be the best result for us, not that it matters too much at this point in the season.
  5. 12 mins added on - that means to all intents and purposes, nearly 27% of normal playing time was in fact VAR time.
  6. It is so irritating when the football interferes with the VAR.
  7. Plucky Luton giving a great account of themselves so far.
  8. I hope Arsenal beat the Geaudis.
  9. Up the Saints!!
  10. The late late show again!!!
  11. lacking bite
  12. Come on. This is a great chance to get 3 points away and keep up the pressure on the top teams.
  13. Stream has given up the ghost
  14. Not as good as one would’ve hoped, that first half, given the lineup and the sense that we have been on an upward trajectory of form.
  15. Need to get to half time evens.
  16. He's very vulnerable to relapse. I suspect Sky, who have sacked everyone else in his generation of pundits, only keep him on out of pity because they know that without the structure and purpose of his job with them he'd probably fall apart.
  17. Need to stop fannying around at the back - and I am not talking about the action on the pop-ups!
  18. Fast and furious at the moment .
  19. come on Saints!
  20. Thank you, but what I saw on the links certainly wasn't association football!
  21. What I enjoy is hope, anticipation, and some success as perennial underdogs. Whatever the league, but as a general rule, the higher the league that one experiences that, the better it is. But inevitably, these things are less likely the higher up in the pyramid we are. There are problems inherent to the Premier League that suffocate the essence of why we love football. I have concluded that VAR, or perhaps the way it is operationalised, is the biggest problem. It kills sporting spontaneity and the elation of the dopamine hit. Superfluous technology rarely improves sport for player or spectator.
×
×
  • Create New...