Jump to content

StrangelyBrown

Members
  • Posts

    1241
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by StrangelyBrown

  1. Because they are more bent than a banana?
  2. I'm not sure how this logic works. Shea is a highly rated player who clearly has some potential but wasn't a consistent starter for us last year and made a bunch of basic gaffs as well as scoring some good goals. Morgan Rogers was pretty well ever present in villas side last year, probably their best player and an England international. I'm not sure how that makes Shea worth £30m...
  3. The charge is completely fair. What is given as a punishment may or may not be, but until we know what it is it really seems futile speculating. Has anyone seen anything that suggests when the punishment will be decided? What is crap is how long this has taken, but literally no suprise given what a shambles of an organisation they are.
  4. Happy to give him a chance, but before his confidence was shot you could see from watching him warm up that his touch was nothing like a decent footballer - I just don't think he'll ever have what it takes, but I'll be pleased if double D makes me look like a tit.
  5. Very sad news. RIP KK. A genuine legend and also seemed like a thoroughly decent bloke.
  6. Who next from the England manager tombola? Need someone who can organise a shower of shit who think they're something special....
  7. Tuchel is dog shit
  8. Astonishingly poor refereeing and argies making themselves the pantomime villains again. Thought we've been the better team but have lacked a cutting edge
  9. Wingers are positions where we need 3 players per side - we typically use 2 players per game because of the work that they do so if an injury comes along or someone needs a break having a 3rd player is essential. I can't see us letting either go without a replacement.
  10. Balance of the team completely messed up by substitutions.
  11. Likewise. Don't see anything wrong with it.
  12. I can't see him playing the Azaz role - he doesn't have much by the way of creativity. He's a not especially gifted player who has made up for his deficiencies by being incredibly hard working and professional. If we lose Jander then he would be an ok option. As a Charles replacement again could be an option, but I always thought he played his best football in the downes role which we also have Bragg to cover so he would seem to be a third player for one role when we have other holes to fill.
  13. Fair enough. I guess the concept is similar though?
  14. From a PSR perspective we could do a lot worse especially when you consider we'll need to recruit significantly if and when we go up.
  15. The lads got a decent engine
  16. England are looking utterly bobbins tonight. I haven't been this bored since Russell Martin left saints. Madueke really isn't very good. Gordon not much better. And Bellingham needs to get over himself and start playing for the team rather than himself.
  17. Can I be first to say we're run like a B&B? 🤣 Where is alpine saint these days....
  18. And not that good...
  19. Russell Martin sponsored by Russell Martin is about right
  20. Seriously, surely he's going to need to be a bit thicker skinned to make a successful career?
  21. A hefty amount of wages off the books as of today's announcements. It'll be interesting to see whether this allows us to invest in a decent striker...
  22. I guess it's all about calculated risks. Do we think we should pay what he's asking for or could we get better value from someone else now we've freed up his wages? Do we think we'll get enough from him to warrant the extra spend? Does Ross think he'll stay fit enough during the world cup to land another gig? From my perspective I really rate him at championship level when he's fit and he could make the step up, but he's seemingly made of glass and I think based on risk we should look elsewhere.
  23. Did I say all of his games were boring??? - I didn't Most of his games were boring and that isn't revisionist - it's an opinion many people aired at the time. He also succeeded in getting us to 4th in the championship with a top 3 squad - again many people said as much at the time. Let's not be revisionist about it he achieved the minimum and a lot of the football was tedious, especially in the famous unbeaten run, but there were some brilliant moments too.
  24. His football was also fucking boring most of the time. Sometimes we'd play like prime Barcelona and it would be exciting, but most of the time it was tedious messing around for the sake of it with wingers only passing the ball backwards hoping to spring a trap that would lead to a goal. Martin's football very nearly stopped my lad watching football even when we were winning most of the time because it was so dull. I genuinely feel sorry for Leicester fans especially the young ones who won't realise it won't last forever.
  25. JWP was a slow propaganda player with a heck of a dead ball delivery. These days he seems to be just a slower propaganda player - would be perfect for a Russell Martin team, but for a Tonda team will just frustrate by not moving the ball forward.
×
×
  • Create New...