Fans stone referee to death then behead him after he killed player

Spudders

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/07/fans-stone-referee-to-death-then-behead-him-after-he-killed-player-3871792/

Enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao, in Brazil, said in a statement that the horrific incident began when referee Otavio da Silva, 20, sent off 30-year-old Josenir Abreu.

The two got into a fist fight, during which Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

The statement issued this week says Abreu’s friends and relatives immediately ‘rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body’.

Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police have arrested one suspect after last weekend’s incident and are looking for two others.

Spokesman Valter Costa was quoted as saying: ‘We will identify and hold accountable all those involved in this incident.

‘One crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not correspond with state law.’

Youngsters, :lol: I wish I was a youngster.

Morning SIP, apologies I assumed your earlier thread in the Lounge was for serious debate about the dangers & associated risks of refereeing in different parts of the world in this day & age. People could talk about how it's changed these day compared to ye olden halcyon days.

Whereas this muppet show area thread was for people to make jokes about getting stoned at the football and people losing their heads in the heat of the moment, maybe some bants & then the thread would have gone off in a different direction, no doubt with some funny pictures.

There are two main problems though:

1) at the moment Bearsy is pre-occupied with the forum outing him as a price pikey. He's hiding amongst main forum threads trying to convince himself he's not as poor as he clearly is (I heard he's so pikey that he follows MLG around Jonus brothers forums trying to get free stats he can reuse).

2) as I'm now in London living, I mentioned to Tokyo about going for a beer. Unfortunately he maybe thought it was a romantic come on, ignored the comment & also stopped sending me PM's, so I think things are a bit awkward between us now, I just wish things would go back to like they were in the old days.

Anyways, without the support of the two core muppet show bros, my thread sadly fell flat on its arse. Thanks for rescuing it SIP. At least it's not gonna sink down the page with zero posts so that's a small win for me :)