Worcs v Hants

chrisobee

Extraordinary figures, I'm not sure why he only bowled 4 overs yersterday evening unless the old boy was a bit tired!

Anyway he needs to come back on and break up the current partnership before they build up too big a score, we don't want to be chasing 200+ on the 4th day, knowing our luck it will p*ss down with rain all day and we'd only get a draw from a match we should have won in 2 and a half days.

Anyway he needs to come back on and break up the current partnership before they build up too big a score, we don't want to be chasing 200+ on the 4th day, knowing our luck it will p*ss down with rain all day and we'd only get a draw from a match we should have won in 2 and a half days.

They are still 28 behind so it would be some performance to get even a 100 run lead.

198-7. late order tonking. 70 off 12 overs. tahir just hit for 6 then wicket next ball off a long hop

That's what we needed, the 7th wicket partnership needed breaking though I had a feeling Worcs would chance their arm and with attacking fields score at a fair rate. The tail had no clue how to play Tahir in the 1st innings so this might be over by lunch at 12.30.

Lancs might well lose too and they have only 1 game left. Assuming we win and Sussex lose I think we'll have 14 more points than them and 10 more than Yorks who we play at Headingley in the last game. However, before that we are at home to Durham but Sussex actually play Yorks and then Notts in their last game.

Easy peasy. So we are now on 148 points, Yorks 136 and Sussex 132( including the 4 bonus points so far) . Lancs are playing their penultimate game and including bonus points are on 150. Yorks v Sussex is going to be very crucial, Sussex might yet lose v Warwickshire, still 148 behind with all 2nd innings wickets in hand. Unlikely they would win and the pitch is taking spin from what I heard.

Great day all around for Hants with win , and Sussex and Lancs struggling. Sussex against Yorks is another big plus , that they aee playing each other next game. Hopefully

Sussex will lose to Warwickshire and Yorkshire and be relegated,

No worries, we will thrash Durham anyway ;)

If they did, then most of the teams would be minus 50. :)

Which is why there have been so many draws with only Durham winning a significant number, 7. Notts, Somerset, Hants and Lancs 3, Warwickshire and Sussex 2, Yorks only 1 and poor old Worcs none at all. Could well be argued that the current set up does not really encourage teams to risk losing in order to try to win as used to happen often.

Which is why there have been so many draws with only Durham winning a significant number, 7. Notts, Somerset, Hants and Lancs 3, Warwickshire and Sussex 2, Yorks only 1 and poor old Worcs none at all. Could well be argued that the current set up does not really encourage teams to risk losing in order to try to win as used to happen often.

They should reduce the number of overs in which a team can gain batting points to 80 or 90 overs IMO.

I would suggest that apart from Durham and Worcs there is not much to chose between the other teams

Need Lancs to lose as well today

That would help but Sussex losing would be more useful as they play Yorks next so at least one of them will hopefully gain little or nothing on us when v play Durham and if there is a definite result we are all but safe......I think ! Sussex now 8 down !

You suggest correctly for sure, as I posted earlier Durham have 7 wins and then 3/4 teams including Hants with 3 wins.

I always think bowlers win championships and Durham have a number of good ones

Our Hants bowling has not been that consistent this season

PS Sussex lost

Edited by John B