Kids for a quid......

bigdavewatson

when accompanied by an adult. We need to do something, and quick, because the attendance is just embarrasing and worsening our financial position.

People who've bought a childs season ticket can have a free saints shirt and a place in the team photo (or something!) There must be loads of freebies the club can provide to make up the difference in price.

People keep blaming the economic situation (well, on the radio last night they did) as a reason for not attending matches, the club should take as many barriers away as possible.

Completely agree that the club needs to make more effort. All football clubs seem to have this attitude that if attendances drop its the fans fault. Some teams have taken great measures to buck the trend such as Bradford and have seen attendances rocket. Need some innovative thinkers to come up with a new strategy.

Unfortunately I don't think we have any forward thinking astute people working at the club.....

For example, blocks 1-4, used to be available for an adult / child ticket pair [a reasonable saving].

But, blocks 1-3 have now been closed, so all the people who used to sit there are now crammed into block 4, leaving no seats for the reduced price tickets.

Someone with a modicum of sense would probably have allowed these tickets to be available in block 5, but not our club it would seem.....

Granted the deal is still valid in the Chapel, Itchen Chapel corner and Block 34, but I know my nipper likes to be in block 4 to soak up a bit of the atmosphere and banter with the opposition, something which is lacking in other parts of the ground....

Unfortunately I don't think we have any forward thinking astute people working at the club.....

For example, blocks 1-4, used to be available for an adult / child ticket pair [a reasonable saving].

But, blocks 1-3 have now been closed, so all the people who used to sit there are now crammed into block 4, leaving no seats for the reduced price tickets.

Someone with a modicum of sense would probably have allowed these tickets to be available in block 5, but not our club it would seem.....

Granted the deal is still valid in the Chapel, Itchen Chapel corner and Block 34, but I know my nipper likes to be in block 4 to soak up a bit of the atmosphere and banter with the opposition, something which is lacking in other parts of the ground....

Nail.

Head.

I raised this at the time that the corner closure was announced. As you say, it leaves less seats for a 'parent and child' combination at reduced prices.

Ok, yes, the family corner is still there but the club are missing the point if that's the only explanation for reducing the overall number of cheaper seats.

Madness.

Edit: I've just tried to think of a reason why kids rates don't apply to ANYWHERE in the ground and can't think of one. I can see why you might want such restrictions when demand outstrips supply but in today's poor attendance climate it's a completely arbitrary restriction.

Edited by trousers

there are a whole load of things the club could do:

1. Everybody who has had a season ticket for the last 3 seasons gets a free season ticket for a friend.

2. Season ticket holders who buy another full price ticket can buy two further ones at £5 each.

3. Members who buy 2 full price adult tickets can buy two further ones at £5 each.

4. Kids for a £1

5. Childrens saints shirts at cost price

6. Buy 10 adult tickets for a match, get 5 free.

7. Nominate one block - all tickets for £1 as long as you buy online.

8. Saturday only season ticket

9. Reward long distance fans and fans who regulary go to away matches.

10. Pick a village or part of Southampton and do a massive marketing drive with free tickets, meet the players etc. Start with Amesbury.