Jelling

NorthamSteve

Their hasn't been a player on the pitch for Saint in the last month or so that hasn't played for his shirt and that makes me extremely proud of all of the lads. This, of course, is one of the things that comes with a large squad and compitition for places, and one of the things you would like to see early with new players in the squad.

That doesn't mean that things will always come off for you, and to keep trying and plugging away with the same things until they do come off requires grit and determination.

For these things to come off you require everything to take shape and fall into place, people to find their place in the dressing room and to really get to know how each-other play football.

Today the last of those attributes sounded like it may just have happened. Of course, someone at the game might want to back me up (or possible shoot me down heroicly) but all of that sounded good to me. I haven't lost faith in the race for 6th yet.

Of course a team will continue to develop, but is this nearly the finished product? And can the team keep this up at smaller away grounds without the big atmosphere?

Cheers

Their hasn't been a player on the pitch for Saint in the last month or so that hasn't played for his shirt and that makes me extremely proud of all of the lads. This, of course, is one of the things that comes with a large squad and compitition for places, and one of the things you would like to see early with new players in the squad.

That doesn't mean that things will always come off for you, and to keep trying and plugging away with the same things until they do come off requires grit and determination.

For these things to come off you require everything to take shape and fall into place, people to find their place in the dressing room and to really get to know how each-other play football.

Today the last of those attributes sounded like it may just have happened. Of course, someone at the game might want to back me up (or possible shoot me down heroicly) but all of that sounded good to me. I haven't lost faith in the race for 6th yet.

Of course a team will continue to develop, but is this nearly the finished product? And can the team keep this up at smaller away grounds without the big atmosphere?

Cheers

If we repeat the performance at Wycombe and at home to Walsall you could be right. Looking at the current top 6 and their run of results, however, I fear the playoffs are not an achievable target even if we have gelled/jelled.

Hard to say, could some just post a picture of some tits or a man with his nob stuck in an exhaust pipe and get it locked....

Might save me some embarrassment, as long as the aforementioned 'man' isn't me, of course. ;)

Better get googling then! or is that googleing? steve? sorry ill stop now ;)

funny-fail-pics-shcool-school-spelling-failure.jpg

That is too cool for school.

As for the Gelling, It's obvious that you can't sign a shed load of players after the season has begun, and then in January sign another shed load of players, and expect them to play well together instantly, especially with the amount of squad rotation we have had to do to accommodate the cups. This whole season should be about gelling, and getting it right so that we can mount a challenge straight from the off next season.