winter olympics better than Summer olympics

mightysaints

I like some of the "Hurtling down a fecking great slope, on a tea tray" sports, the biathlon and the snowboard racing thingy but no, I'd have to disagree that it's better than the summer Olympics.

Me too - I think a lot of the events are edgier and riskier (just been watching the 4 man bob) and I've really enjoyed the ski cross but overall the summer Olympics are so much better.

It's just some of the best summer events get very little coverage. The white water kayaking is always amazing to watch for example but only gets about five minutes of coverage. I do like the crazier events at the winters though. The arials are pretty mental. Ooh the americans have crashed in the bob, but still posted a time even though they finished upside down.

The Summer Olympics have its own moments. Usain Bolt, amongst others..?

The Winter Olympics is great viewing though, because the sports are indeed edgy and risky, and we don't get to see them them that often. Here's the GB 4-man Bob turning over on that fast track. They were really flying at the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/bobsleigh/8540246.stm

I think sport is all about individual choice, I like the biathlon, cross country and nordic combined but there are many summer sports I like as well, at least we win a few medals in the summer olympics ;)

A FEW..? :smt103

19 Golds in the last go. 4th nation overall, behine China, USA and Russia.

Slightly more than a few.

A FEW..? :smt103

19 Golds in the last go. 4th nation overall, behine China, USA and Russia.

Slightly more than a few.

It was a tongue in cheek comment, 47 medals in total beating the likes of the Aussies and Germany, as you say 4th only to the most powerful nations so that makes us the best lol.

Ice Hockey was bloody awesome tonight, oh to be in Vancouver at the moment. As the commentator said it was like watching England beat Germany in a World Cup final at Wembley. Time to buy Miller & Molson shares!

Yeah, I tried not to watch, while waiting for MOTD2, but I couldn't help it. Really glad Canada got the Gold.