Laptop to TV

Dog

If your TV is a flat screen, it will have a VGA socket, then all you need to get is a VGA cable to run from your laptop to tv and a 3.5mm jack to run the sound to your TV. Shouldnt cost any more than £20 combined.

Bloody nightmare! Took ages to get it to work, then when it did, no sound, connection kept on cutting out, and the picture was very slow and kept freezing. It says 10 metre range, although I would say 3 metres would be maximum.

Waste of £100.

Getting a 15 mtr lead tomorrow.

I went to Maplins (near Bargate), excellent service, purchased the QWAVE wireless connection and HDMI connector to TC- can now wirelessly switch my PC laptop display to the HD TV - picture and sound perfect - recommend you pay extra for the HDMI connection to the TV as sound and picture are sent together. if receive picture only but no sound I guess that you are not using the HDMI connection. The kit consists of a USB output device from PC laptop - plugs into a USB socked then a receiving station that receives teh signal - as mentioned pay extra for the HDMI Connection from the receiving station to the TV - software CD needs to be installed on the PC laptop. Reasonable to install and get to work.

I went to Maplins (near Bargate), excellent service, purchased the QWAVE wireless connection and HDMI connector to TC- can now wirelessly switch my PC laptop display to the HD TV - picture and sound perfect - recommend you pay extra for the HDMI connection to the TV as sound and picture are sent together. if receive picture only but no sound I guess that you are not using the HDMI connection. The kit consists of a USB output device from PC laptop - plugs into a USB socked then a receiving station that receives teh signal - as mentioned pay extra for the HDMI Connection from the receiving station to the TV - software CD needs to be installed on the PC laptop. Reasonable to install and get to work.

I did use a HDMI gold plated lead £70 worth, still no sound and picture was blocky and kept freezing due to the fact the TV was 8 meters away from laptop.

How far away was your TV away from laptop.?

Hi Dog - My connection between the QWAVE USB in my Internet enabled Lap top to QWAVE TV receiving station is wireless - about 7 metres away - the QWAVE receiving station is directly below the HD TV -the HDMI lead between the QWAVE Receiving station and the HDMI3 USB port is less than 1 metre in length. The QWAVE wireless connection appears in the laptop as another NVDIA device - the TV image and sound is an exact mirror of that which is displayed on the laptop - if you are using QWAVE - you could download the latest software version from the internet - this may help you ?? I am using VISTA - though this should not be a factor in your lap top image transfer performance - as VISTA is probably the slowest when compared with XP and/or Windows 7