Academy

martel

Is their anyone with ITK, referance the title? I only ask as I have heard that a lot of young good players are going to be let go, I can assure everyone that my source is a good one; however, I cannot reveal their name as it could have some nasty back lash. It just seems to me that with all the money being spent at Staplewood, the information I have gained seems contradictive, hence why I ask if anyone else has heard anything.

I'm not ITK but I did hear the interview with Cortese on Solent where he said that he was looking to expand the academy and that he expected it to provide, I think, 60% of our team in a few years time. That doesn't really equate to what you're saying. But I think it's the case that academies from all clubs let quite a few good players go every year.

Every summer, every club releases a number of youth players that don't make the cut. I don't see this as any different.

Exactly MLG, this time of year always sees a cull of scholars, it then gives them and their families time to sort out a new club before next season. Nothing to see here, move on!

On another note, what is Georges Prost up to nowadays? I heard he was coaching at Lyon up until recently, which I guess means that his cancer had cleared up enough to let him work again. Maybe it would be worth getting him back here to work with the Academy? We produced some cracking youth players when he was working here and i'm sure that nobody at the academy currently would refuse the help of a fantastic coach!