Tranfering video from Sky plus

Daren W

Saints related as I have the match on Sky HD and want to burn it off on dvd.

Anyone have any ideas, other than using a dvd recorder? (As I don't have one)

Me too, during the analysis between MLT and Co on Sky, the back of my shirt/ head are clearly visible in the background :p I would love to keep it!

I have a very cheap DVD player which I only use to save things like the JPT Final, Hants C&G Final win, etc. Frees up the space on my Sky box nicely and get a reasonable picture for something I picked up in Cash Converters for £30. Well worth it.

Saints related as I have the match on Sky HD and want to burn it off on dvd.

Anyone have any ideas, other than using a dvd recorder? (As I don't have one)

The obvious thing is a PC with TV tuner/Capture card, and a DVD writer. It gives plenty of scope for editing the programme and burning a good copy. But the other obvious way is to be on good enough terms with a fellow Saints fan, who happens to own a DVD/HDD recorder, and to be able to borrow it for a few hours. If this is possible, then get a least one DVD out of it, but of course you could make a few spares too. I expect that fellow Saints fan might want one.

Note: You may have to drop the recording quality a tad to get it on a 2 hour DVD blank.

Already did it yesterday :) TV Aerial out the back of the Sky HD box into a PC Tuner card and burn to disk first then edit it and burn to DVD after. Obviously it's not in HD anymore but still a very watchable picture (oh, and this is how I get the Sky News stuff off the tele for my Youtube channel).

The obvious thing is a PC with TV tuner/Capture card, and a DVD writer. It gives plenty of scope for editing the programme and burning a good copy. But the other obvious way is to be on good enough terms with a fellow Saints fan, who happens to own a DVD/HDD recorder, and to be able to borrow it for a few hours. If this is possible, then get a least one DVD out of it, but of course you could make a few spares too. I expect that fellow Saints fan might want one.

Note: You may have to drop the recording quality a tad to get it on a 2 hour DVD blank.

Having looked into this, it is expensive - can't remember all the in's and out's but you do need some fancy equipment to get sky onto a computer in digital format directly from the sky box. I have a dvd recorder and made a couple of copies of the Derby-Saints play off game a couple of years ago -via Scart from Sky HD box to DVD recorder - the quality is OK bearing in mind that it is being converted from digital to analogue in the Sky box and then converted from analogue to digital in the DVD recorder. Can't remember who I sent them to but maybe if they're reading this they can say what they think.

I will be copying the JPT final in a couple of weeks time (off on hols on Saturday) so would be happy to send on copies. Unfortunately I can't pm cos I'm too mean to spend a fiver - I'm not that prolific a poster and I am not bothered by the ad's.