Saints' crowds are on the up - they've been bigger than Pompey's!

John B

The Echo mentions Premier League (now 'ex' in some cases!) Burnley, Wigan and skates as having significantly lower attendances than League One Saints but I'd say we almost certainly get more 'home' fans than Blackburn and Fulham too. Their 'average' gates are boosted by big away supports, usually 2-3000 but the big clubs probably have anything up to 10k at some of those grounds. The skates have averaged around only 15-16k of actual 'home' support this season. What's the 'average' away support at SMS in this division, between 5-700?

If/when we were in the Prem our gates were among the top 10 or so.

The Echo mentions Premier League (now 'ex' in some cases!) Burnley, Wigan and skates as having significantly lower attendances than League One Saints but I'd say we almost certainly get more 'home' fans than Blackburn and Fulham too. Their 'average' gates are boosted by big away supports, usually 2-3000 but the big clubs probably have anything up to 10k at some of those grounds. The skates have averaged around only 15-16k of actual 'home' support this season. What's the 'average' away support at SMS in this division, between 5-700?

If/when we were in the Prem our gates were among the top 10 or so.

In the Prem we were normally about 12th in attendances.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8167575.Saints__crowds_are_on_the_up___they_ve_been_bigger_than_Pompey_s_/?ref=rss

Well I certainly went more probably would have gone more often if I lived in Southampton still especially for evening games - It was nice to see the Saints win so much

I wonder if they'd have gone up under Lowe/Wotte this season?