iPad

SO16_Saint

Can someone explain what the big deal is?

From what I can make out, it's not a phone, it's not a laptop - it just seems a lumpy, expensive piece of kit that has no real use

It costs the same as a netbook if not more (£699 for the top spec one! For gods sake!!!!), is about the same size if not bigger then a Netbook and cannot do as much as a netbook can.

Its just a big iPhone without the phone, it can't even surf the internet properly as like the iPhone it doesn't have the ability to use flash player.

If you buy it, you are an idiot/sucker for fads.

WiFi iPad and Jalbroken iPhone with MyWi App = 3G iPad.

Amazing piece of kit, which would be perfect for what the majority of users use the internet for. ie. Web, Mail, Contacts, Calendar, (The best program for) Photos, Music, Apps, Gaming etc.

If you want to use progs like Photoshop, Dreamweaver or specific high end stuff, then this isn't the device for you; But for the majority of users, the iPad does what it does brilliantly (and better then any Netbook or PC) and will blow your mind. The touch control is far better than using a mouse (or Netbook touchpad!!).

I was unsure when it was first announce, but once you use it, you reralise that this is how the internet should be used.

All of those slating it, CLEARLY have not used one. Even a 10min play on your own in the Apple store may not convince everyone... but a 10min demonstration by someone who will show you all that it can do will change your mind.

WiFi iPad and Jalbroken iPhone with MyWi App = 3G iPad.

Amazing piece of kit, which would be perfect for what the majority of users use the internet for. ie. Web, Mail, Contacts, Calendar, (The best program for) Photos, Music, Apps, Gaming etc.

If you want to use progs like Photoshop, Dreamweaver or specific high end stuff, then this isn't the device for you; But for the majority of users, the iPad does what it does brilliantly (and better then any Netbook or PC) and will blow your mind. The touch control is far better than using a mouse (or Netbook touchpad!!).

I was unsure when it was first announce, but once you use it, you reralise that this is how the internet should be used.

All of those slating it, CLEARLY have not used one. Even a 10min play on your own in the Apple store may not convince everyone... but a 10min demonstration by someone who will show you all that it can do will change your mind.

Surely you could just tether a normal un jailbroken iPhone?

I can understand the appeal but it really has no interest for me. The only time I might find it useful is when travelling and then its going to cost a fortune in data charges abroad. Even if I could get cheap data abroad I would still need to carry my work laptop which can do a heck of a lot more even if its not as portable.

Having played on one at LHR on Friday it certainly does what it does well, but it is in effect a large ipod touch with a few extra functions.