Bands You Saw That You Didn`t Think You`D Like...

miserableoldgit

Spandau Ballet were out here (Dubai) a few weeks ago supporting Rod Stewart and to my utter surprise they were really good.

Really put everything they had into it on an openair hot sweaty night gig.

Sound quality superb, interaction with crowd great and even the songs I didn't know sounded good and everything was done with a huge smile on their faces.

Very pleasantly surprised indeed.

Was at a festival over the week-end and Chumbawumba were on. Wasn`t sure that I was going to like them but they were excellent and I would love to see them again.

Who have you seen that you weren`t sure about but ended up liking??

You must have been at the Big Session in Leicester,then? Chumba are on at The Larmer Tree on Sat 17th Jul.

Better get a gig in this year as they a taking a sabbatical for a while,I believe...

You must have been at the Big Session in Leicester,then? Chumba are on at The Larmer Tree on Sat 17th Jul.

Better get a gig in this year as they a taking a sabbatical for a while,I believe...

Yes I was there! Really enjoyed Chumbawamba but also Stornaway and even the Proclaimers. Also enjoyed Oysterband - as Holy Bandits - playing the complete album of the same name. It really is a good festival. We go every year. Towersey next!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...