Brisbane Saints

hi everyone..

I went to the Sydney game recently - biggest smile of the day was seeing half a dozen saints shirts singing 'Oh when the roar...' :) I didn't go to a roar game at all last season, but now I'm inpired to go....

So Adelaide Utd this Saturday. Whats the go? Is someone coordinating a meet up beforehand? I'm guessing Caxton St somewhere? How many expecting to show up for this game. Be great if we could get a dozen or more all in red n white :)

hi everyone..

I went to the Sydney game recently - biggest smile of the day was seeing half a dozen saints shirts singing 'Oh when the roar...' :) I didn't go to a roar game at all last season, but now I'm inpired to go....

So Adelaide Utd this Saturday. Whats the go? Is someone coordinating a meet up beforehand? I'm guessing Caxton St somewhere? How many expecting to show up for this game. Be great if we could get a dozen or more all in red n white :)

6:30 meet up or thereabouts at Kitty O Shea's in Caxton Street. Then all behind the goals in the Milton Road End for the match in the stripes - you can sit pretty much anywhere once you have a ticket. The free Adelaide tickets belong to brightspark, Shaun Dunleavy (x2) and saintcookie. Should be at least a dozen at the ground - probably more.

A scattered 8 tonight!!!! Next Saturday is a 5:15 K.O should be more Red + White from Noosa coming down, + 3 up from Gold Coast, Moo Moo owner! My little man plays before the main game. He will play up at the Northern end then I will bring him down the "Milton Rd" end. Make him feel special. 1.1 tonight from the game, an alright game but nothing really to write home about. **** Van Dyk missed a sitter and should have been on the winning side but, score in a brothel comes to mind. Gather the boys for next week lets make it a big one. Please reply going or not going, so that we can let new viewers to the forum know that they are not alone if they go on Saturday. Cheers C.O.Y.R

Good to catch up with Conor and Matt at the Adelaide game and met a new fellow Saints Fan, the game could have gone either way, but 3 points this weekend will have us right up there again, still unbeaten at Home. I'll be there for the Melbourne Heart game, hopefully see a few more goals. I think i'll wear my old black Saints top as i don't wanna be like a Melb Heart fan on Sat. Will be looking out for the Lads in the Milton End, will text Peter and Conor during Saturday to find out where they will be. Have a good week Lads.

Short notice but Mark (Dud) has access to some free tickets for the Heart game this Saturday 5:15 kick off. Post up here if you are interested (if I haven't been in touch by txt already) and I will make sure Mark knows of your interest. If you can post up here by 2:30 today Brisbane time (Wednesday) then you should be fine - after that it will depend on how many his mate has left....I am definitely going.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint

What a late win today!!! Another dominant performance by the Roar. Show it to the city and bring the fans back to the Suncorp!!!!!! If we didn't have Reinaldo up front we'd be beating everyone by 3 or 4 goals!!!

Will be going to all 3 games on the 16th, 20th and 23rd - will meet up with the Saints group for the game on the 23rd? Victory should be a cracker...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to make this one! :) Anyone meeting up in Caxton street beforehand?

2 free tickets available for Saturday against the Jets- first two to post on here get them as per usual. Thanks to Matt.

Also 6 free tickets available for the Mariners game Wednesday night. I will be going after work (finally found a job!!!) so I'm calling shotgun on the first one. First 5 to post on here that they want one get the rest.

Will let you know about picking up the tickets asap - I can't go Saturday but brightspark is going with my 7 year old lad. Probably not to Kitty's though.

Probably be a Kitty's meet up on Wednesday night, but might be a few there Saturday too, not sure.

Finally I am putting on a Nelson Muntz voice, pointing at Pompey, and saying Ha Ha!

G'day Lads... sad news tonight boys, I can't come along to the game, as i have to work at 4pm till 2am. Am gutted, but will attempt at least one of these 3 games this week, even if it means going back to work after the final whistle, in need of a Beer and a good shout.

Enjoy the evening, and Come on the Roar.

Adios

Well went to the Newcastle game okay.. but didn't find any Saints fans at the Milton Road end... Meet up with some other guys at LA in Caxton St beforehand... and then headed to Milton Rd for the first half.... Only Red n White I saw was a Brentford fan :) Stood in the Den for the second-half...

I'm going to the Mariners game Weds nite, and have a ticket for the Den again.. Anyone else going to be around?

Well went to the Newcastle game okay.. but didn't find any Saints fans at the Milton Road end... Meet up with some other guys at LA in Caxton St beforehand... and then headed to Milton Rd for the first half.... Only Red n White I saw was a Brentford fan :) Stood in the Den for the second-half...

I'm going to the Mariners game Weds nite, and have a ticket for the Den again.. Anyone else going to be around?

I'll be there. Was also around the Caxton Street end for the Jets game with a mate I hadn't seen since '09. I'll be heading off straight from uni to the game, not sure if I've actually convinced anyone to go with me yet though!!!! I'll be wearing my Saints strip so you should be able to find me somewhere around The Den. COME ON YOU ORANGE

I'll be there. Was also around the Caxton Street end for the Jets game with a mate I hadn't seen since '09. I'll be heading off straight from uni to the game, not sure if I've actually convinced anyone to go with me yet though!!!! I'll be wearing my Saints strip so you should be able to find me somewhere around The Den. COME ON YOU ORANGE

Cool. I'll be in LA about 5pm I think... Not wearing Saints shirt tonight though.... I'll look out for RnW.

Best chorus of "O When The Roar" last night, good to see that our education has brought a decent chant to Suncorp. Goose bumps all round when the Orange Army started off slow then went mental, reminded me of the Dell, just 10,000 people missing! Red and White a must for Saturday I was talking to an FFA official and explained our pilgrimage every game, he is from Sunderland so likes R&W. We have to keep the colour going. I did see sfc76 on Saturday but had to man the stretcher as they were short, he was sat in the Milton with about 6 or 7 others, nice chicky babe too!!!!!!! Milton Road this week in R&W. Lets get it happening again. May have tickets, watch this space. Hello Justin who was in the Milton Rd last night! C.O.Y.R

Best chorus of "O When The Roar" last night, good to see that our education has brought a decent chant to Suncorp. Goose bumps all round when the Orange Army started off slow then went mental, reminded me of the Dell, just 10,000 people missing! Red and White a must for Saturday I was talking to an FFA official and explained our pilgrimage every game, he is from Sunderland so likes R&W. We have to keep the colour going. I did see sfc76 on Saturday but had to man the stretcher as they were short, he was sat in the Milton with about 6 or 7 others, nice chicky babe too!!!!!!! Milton Road this week in R&W. Lets get it happening again. May have tickets, watch this space. Hello Justin who was in the Milton Rd last night! C.O.Y.R

Oh, I think I meet a Justin at the Milton Road end on Saturday... guy with an 1885 cap? Should get the new shirt soon, it's in the post apparently...

Hey Lads....

Long time no see. Been working these night shifts and the project is on going at the mo, and looks like im gonna end up missing this weekends game aswell, sorry lads. but i think it'll be another good win for Brissy Roar... Also, 3pts for the Saints... and.............. Thank God for Mr Gaydamak.... AND IT'S BYE BYE POMPEY... Skates... The best news i've heard in a long while... we're still the "Pride of the South"

Take it easy Lads, and see you at the next Home game i hope....

My thoughts exactly when I saw it!! Should get a one match ban for that, at least... but I don't expect A-league or police to take any action! (We'll see...) Didn't go the game this time - bit difficult to get 3 passes in one week :) I'm going to be away for the Adelaide game too (bad timing that..), probably miss the Fury game too, get back that day.... so not likely to be at Suncorp again til Perth game in Dec..... Have fun!

http://br11.conquercancer.org.au/site/TR/Events/Brisbane2011?px=1003215&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

Ok so heres the deal, lots of people die of Cancer each year, I will be wearing red and white next year when I ride 200klm in two days, raising money for cancer research. Probably miss a pre season game!!!!!! Now there's commitment. Follow the link above to help my cause. If your company wants to sponser me then I can wear company logo's or take water bottles with me bearing the name! Help me reach my target of $2500. Ps 4 tickets for Adelaide next week, Saint Pete will probably need one!!!!!!!

Enjoy the Adelaide game guys! "We are Top of the League, We are top of the League...!" I'm off to Perth and Malaysia tomorrow on hols.. Maybe I'll go to the Perth v Wellington game I'll double the crowd!? Rather go to that than a top of the table clash anyday! ;-)

Having travelled to Australialast year and spent a month in Brisbane I read this thread with some interest.Very impressed with the following over there and the dedication to Markus, good work guys. I wish I'd been over there when you lot met up, it would have been great to meet some Aussie Saints fans.

I do have an interesting story though from a Brisbane Roar game that I went to against Sydney whilst over in OZ. When walking out of the ground I saw a variety of English football shirts, mainly Man Utd, Liverpool etc. In the distance I then saw an old Friends Provident Saints shirt with 7 Le Tissier on the back. I went up to the guy, expecting him to be a Brit or an ex-pat, but it turned out that he had never been to England in his life or had any connections with Southampton.

We went for a beer to discuss Saints and it turned out that when he was a kid the team he played for wore red and white stripes and he loved watching the English Premiership, so he became an adopted Saints fan!

I thought you Brisbane Saints would appreciate this story and maybe you guys know him or have met him in a Saints shirt whilst at a Roar game. If I can dig out the photo of us I'll post it up here.

COYR! Up the Roar!

Having travelled to Australialast year and spent a month in Brisbane I read this thread with some interest.Very impressed with the following over there and the dedication to Markus, good work guys. I wish I'd been over there when you lot met up, it would have been great to meet some Aussie Saints fans.

I do have an interesting story though from a Brisbane Roar game that I went to against Sydney whilst over in OZ. When walking out of the ground I saw a variety of English football shirts, mainly Man Utd, Liverpool etc. In the distance I then saw an old Friends Provident Saints shirt with 7 Le Tissier on the back. I went up to the guy, expecting him to be a Brit or an ex-pat, but it turned out that he had never been to England in his life or had any connections with Southampton.

We went for a beer to discuss Saints and it turned out that when he was a kid the team he played for wore red and white stripes and he loved watching the English Premiership, so he became an adopted Saints fan!

I thought you Brisbane Saints would appreciate this story and maybe you guys know him or have met him in a Saints shirt whilst at a Roar game. If I can dig out the photo of us I'll post it up here.

COYR! Up the Roar!

A very interesting story, its funny how some people come to support their teams! Another popular one nowadays is the "I played with them on FIFA and started supporting them in real life" story...

Heart away tomorrow, the way we are playing anything other than a win would be disappointing ;)

For those reading this who don't know, the Perth game has been brought forward to Wed 24 Nov - one day before the Ashes here in Brisbane and away from the potential clash with U2