Brisbane Saints

• 4 weeks later...
So when is the BBC Sport page going to put Saints onto the Championship page?

When do we start getting concerned that our promotion was all a dream??????!!!

On a different note the Roar pre-season is now well underway with wins over Redlands United and Peninsula Power. They play Sunshine Coast, Eastern Suburbs, Olympic, Melbourne Heart (rumoured), Ipswich Invitational, Rochedale Rovers, Wolves and Brisbane Strikers in other pre season games up to August. The Rochedale game on Weds 27th July might be a good shout for that pre-season meet up that was mumbled.

And finally the old man will make an appearance on the Danny Baker show on Saturday evening (6:10pm to be absolutely 100% precise), as he's going to be 'reporting' on Redlands United v Olympic in the BPL. It will have to be heard to be believed. I'm sure he will tell more if he ends up reading this thread before Saturday..........

If any non-Brisbane dweller should chance upon this thread, I would like to point out it is frickin cold right now. 12 degrees in the day where most houses don't have heating. I have chapped lips and frozen hands every morning after my 35km scoot into work. Cold.

Also, I didn't realise Roar had played Power already - who's the best team in Bris, apart from The Roar? I get the impression Power are contenders, but that may be because I live here!

If any non-Brisbane dweller should chance upon this thread, I would like to point out it is frickin cold right now. 12 degrees in the day where most houses don't have heating. I have chapped lips and frozen hands every morning after my 35km scoot into work. Cold.

Also, I didn't realise Roar had played Power already - who's the best team in Bris, apart from The Roar? I get the impression Power are contenders, but that may be because I live here!

That will be Brisbane Wolves, with fresh air second and Rochedale Rovers third!

That will be Brisbane Wolves, with fresh air second and Rochedale Rovers third!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Calling all Brisbane Saints!

You may have a new member joining soon. Hoping to tie up a deal for about 18 months work in Brisbane starting later this year. All local information on apartments, local living costs etc. greatly received!

When confirmed I am happy to take orders from the club shop to bring out with me.

Should be nice and warm by then. The daytime in the winter is fab, but it is cold early morning. I'm sick of wearing 4 layers on my m/c ride to work! August will be cold also, so September is the best month to arrive. If you don'thave family then live close to the CBD, otherwise further out is best for kids (eg Redcliffe where I am or Cleveland/Redlands which is where quite a few Brisvegas Saints live)

Thanks for the tips. The kids are grown up, leaving them behind. Contract award made today, just waiting for the dates now. I will let you know as soon as the dates are confirmed. Not sure where the office will be yet.

Looking forward to my first drink at the Moo Moo

We need to arrange tickets for the first Roar game. I will be getting married a few weeks after so would like to have beers with those that wear Red + White. Please keep in touch and I want a massive turn out of Red + White, bring the kids bring the in-laws, as long as they are in R + W! Lets make it the biggest turn out yet.

We need to arrange tickets for the first Roar game. I will be getting married a few weeks after so would like to have beers with those that wear Red + White. Please keep in touch and I want a massive turn out of Red + White, bring the kids bring the in-laws, as long as they are in R + W! Lets make it the biggest turn out yet.

Me too (getting married that is.....) I'll be in Europe for 3 weeks after and arrive back just After the first Roar game.... Shame cos a CCM rerun sounds like fun! :) I'll going to try and get to at least 1 EPL, 1 Bundesliga game, and the England game in Montenegro whilst over there.... But I wont be near a Saints game whilst I'm there - damn it!!

The question is, can I arrange an account with your bank before I leave the UK? I hear it is pretty difficult and time consuming once you arrive.

No, normally pretty straight forward getting an account here, just need the usual ID. My other half works for Bank of Queensland. Get a QLD driving licence as soon as you arrive, and Medicare card - you'll need these for most ID checks.

Home to Mariners 7:45 8th October yes? With World Cup Rugby Quarter Finals on 3:00 and 5:30 the same afternoon. And its one of your Bucks Days. When and where? Could get Messiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...