Brisbane Saints

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
These games are all at the worst possible times for us!! We still need to arrange a the promotion party.... Suggested dates?

Paul G and I were talking this through Saturday at the rugby. If you put four Saturdays you can make up here, Paul G and I will sort between us which two work best for the two of us, then I will contact a few others and sort with Matt and anyone else who can make it can turn up to Moos in Brissie too. At least that way we get 4 of us minimum. Either that, or it ain't gonna happen I reckon.

Pig n whistle was a good laugh this morning for the England game. It is a lock in Friday/Saturday. Be there by 3am! Went to Aus Japan match tonight. Seen better refs in the Hampshire League. Entertaining game albeit short of quality.

Hope to catch you all again soon.

Edited by positivepete
Wrong day for England match

Paul G and I were talking this through Saturday at the rugby. If you put four Saturdays you can make up here, Paul G and I will sort between us which two work best for the two of us, then I will contact a few others and sort with Matt and anyone else who can make it can turn up to Moos in Brissie too. At least that way we get 4 of us minimum. Either that, or it ain't gonna happen I reckon.

At the moment any Saturday up to the end of July for me

OK you lot.

You have a Tasmanian up there these days who attended a Roar game and was shocked to see you all wearing Saints shirts at the game.

He moved to Tasmania from Southampton & brought his lad up the right way - he now works in this crazy town as a teacher, wears his Sash shirt to England game sin the pub & is the latest member of our growing band. Dad then moved up to Brisbane.

(Oh & if Dad does read this, he was fine, if a little wobbly by the end of the game and his GF is very bright and attractive ;))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have one more week in Brisbane, so I will be at the P&W on Saturday for the Villa match. Hope you can all join me. Found a couple of new Saints fans last week, not Dubai Phil air hostess standard he has found for the Dubai Saints but we live in hope as the group grows!

Shhhhhh, you promised not to tell anyone!

Anyway she's in The Northam this weekend ;)

• 6 months later...

Make sure to get to the Pig 'N' Whistle this Saturday to watch the Reading game with fellow Saints fans. The following is taken from the 'Southampton Australian Supporters' facebook page:

The numbers of our SAS group have almost doubled in the last two months so in combination with an EARLY kick off on the 6th of April we will be hosting a live event in every capital city(sorry Tassie!) for the Reading match. It will be a great chance to meet up with other Saints fans from your city and watch our beloved Saints at a reasonable hour!

Events in every state will be starting two hours before kick off to allow for plenty of time to talk all things Saints. So if at all possible get down early to share a pint/s with fellow Saints fans. Each venue also serves food for those wanting to have dinner pre game. Family and friends more than welcome! But sorry, no skates.

KICK OFF TIMES FOR EACH STATE:

Perth 7.45pm

Brisbane 9.45pm

Adelaide 10.15pm

Syd+Melb 10.45pm

VENUES FOR EACH STATE

PERTH: The Charles Hotel

Address: 509 Charles St, North Perth WA 6006

BRISBANE: Pig 'N' Whistle Riverside

Address: 123 Eagle St, Brisbane QLD 4000

ADELAIDE: Rosemont Hotel

Address: 160 Hindley St, Adelaide SA 5000

SYDNEY: PJ Gallagher's @The Criterion Hotel

Address: 260 Pitt St Cnr Park Street Sydney 2000(in the downstairs Bar called 'The Snug')

MELBOURNE: The Imperial Hotel

Address: 2/8 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000

WEAR red and white, bring a loud voice and enjoy watching the Saints on a big screen with fellow supporters. COYR!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Cheers. Shame I could not be there. The Roar always leave it to the end to get the result! Hope the winter is not too cold for you! Anyone from Brisbane Saints off to the World Cup? I will be at the third England game with my son, then we have a week or so in the fan park on Copacabana beach.